Inserts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My scoop inserts have patches of rust on them , which is the easiest way to clean them and/or has any one painted them to match colour of bike ?:ummm:

To be honest they are a gold color under the paint not sure if its rust

One word of advice becareful with the pressure washer on these I blew the paint off mine
Since its not a smooth surface they are easy to paint either with spray or even a brush

To be honest they are a gold color under the paint not sure if its rust

One word of advice becareful with the pressure washer on these I blew the paint off mine
Since its not a smooth surface they are easy to paint either with spray or even a brush

Well i have just spray painted them and they have come up looking like shit , how many coats is recommended ?:ummm:

Since its not a smooth surface more of a grill like surface I decided to paint mine with a brush honestly, The biggest thing with this type of surface is to not get to much paint on them since the paint will lay in the holes and not all giving is a "looks like shit" appearance.
I would just get a pressure washer or goto your local car wash and spray the paint back off. Ok hell with that idea.
REMOVE THEM they are held in with screws. Remove them from the scoops, and than use a paint remover to get your paint job removed and than apply paint to them either spray but LIGHT COATS! not heavy we arent spraying undercoating on a rusted pu truck bed.
Good luck!

I have an '06 with the ghost red flames. I bought caliber paint from Wally World the same color as the flames and spray painted my inserts. Looks great. One guy wanted to know what model I bought that came w/the red inserts because he wanted one.

My scoop inserts have patches of rust on them , which is the easiest way to clean them and/or has any one painted them to match colour of bike ?:ummm:
Mine are color matched, my painter did them when he painted the rest of my tins. They look just like stock except they are now euro red to match tins and not black. :punk:

Mine are color matched, my painter did them when he painted the rest of my tins. They look just like stock except they are now euro red to match tins and not black. :punk:

Yeah seen your pics they set it off nice , been to countless paint shops here ended up dropping them in a container of paint thinners and in bout half hour all clean again (is an excellent way to clean them ) then just wipe and they were spotless , guy at paint shop did say he would coat them $40NZD so i thort i got the paint will give it another go . 1st coat nice and clean bout to put second coat on soon:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Latest posts

Back