Vmax vs. Vrod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your 22 yrs old, so I am not even going to argue with a kid about a v rod running 7.20's or the M109 is faster than a VMAX (stock)

Read up before you talk shit about something you are very unexpiernced with..

Lankeeyankee,

I couldn't agree with you more. 22 year old no nothing, no it all.

My issue is... I flame someone and my post is removed, you do it and its OK? What kind of BS is that? Can you spell f a v o r i t i s m.:hmmm:

I'm a 22 year old that has won national ASDA sand drag events in thefast 16quads class, shot drug runners, saved lives, jumped out of the back of multiple helicopters, tracked submarines, and swam in 35 ft seas. Not to mention the fact that i was raised at the dragstrip... but you're right, i probably don't know anything about racing or anything else for that matter. A lot of people on here better watch out for 109's. They run 7.41 in BONE STOCK trim.

I'm a 22 year old that has won national ASDA sand drag events in thefast 16quads class, shot drug runners, saved lives, jumped out of the back of multiple helicopters, tracked submarines, and swam in 35 ft seas. Not to mention the fact that i was raised at the dragstrip... but you're right, i probably don't know anything about racing or anything else for that matter. A lot of people on here better watch out for 109's. They run 7.41 in BONE STOCK trim.

This is going to leave a mark.

Clay, yep....1/8 mile.

1/4 mile M109 barely gets 12 seconds....too heavy.

Lankeeyankee,

I couldn't agree with you more. 22 year old no nothing, no it all.

My issue is... I flame someone and my post is removed, you do it and its OK? What kind of BS is that? Can you spell f a v o r i t i s m.:hmmm:

Ya... I wonder why I deleted it.:icon_rolleyes: If you post something strictly to flame someone, don't bother posting it.

Who cares who is faster anyway? The VMAX isn't sitting in everyone's garage like the V-rods and M109's are... We have cool bikes that you don't see everyday, I'm happy with that alone.

Who cares who is faster anyway? The VMAX isn't sitting in everyone's garage like the V-rods and M109's are... We have cool bikes that you don't see everyday, I'm happy with that alone.

Kind of what I think too. If I wanted a fast bike (which I will be buying hopefully sooner than later) it's going to be a 'Busa or ZX14.

Okay, I new I was close. lol It's still slower than a stock Vrod. IMHO, WAY to heavy. It's about 750 lbs with fluids. It's best to putz around on those.....maybe a poker run. :)

Here are some stats I found. God, I love Google.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
V-Max: 151 mph
V-Rod: 137mph
M109: 128mph

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Max: 10.66sec (had to look this up in old Cycle World)
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Max: 3.33sec
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Max: 7.74sec
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

add a jsd and the 109 will burry the needle at 150 and keep pulling. too bad all motorcycles have about a 10% error. Stock v-max... 11.30. Ask sean morley. I'm not trying to say that the other bikes are faster than a v-max. In fact, if i get mine going again and i get outrun i'll know that it was rider error. The other bikes are no slouches though. You better hope to god that you're not a big guy and tangle up with my dad's 07 m109r that has a jsd (removes the top speed limiter by tricking the bike into thinking that it's in 4th gear). If so, you're screwed.

Boy............ I sure am glad that I also ride my other bike just in case I come up to those lightning quick 109's or v-rods:rocket bike::rocket bike:

Don't need any add on to bust 150 or 160----- Don't ask me how I know this. :rocket bike::rocket bike:

Don't need another bike, just a motor like mine:biglaugh:. Love scaring the GSXR crowd. A Vrod or M109 not even close. Though I need to bust up and buy a 3" over swingarm to help keep the front end down.

It took everyone 20 years to get within 20 horse of the Vmax. Yamaha said fuck that and built the '09...which has 7 ci's smaller displacement than the M109R but has 70 more horsies....incredible.

Okay, I new I was close. lol It's still slower than a stock Vrod. IMHO, WAY to heavy. It's about 750 lbs with fluids. It's best to putz around on those.....maybe a poker run. :)

Here are some stats I found. God, I love Google.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
V-Max: 151 mph
V-Rod: 137mph
M109: 128mph

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Max: 10.66sec (had to look this up in old Cycle World)
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Max: 3.33sec
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Max: 7.74sec
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

I didn't know the VMAX moved so well.. I'm impressed and proud of those numbers!

A lot of people on here better watch out for 109's. They run 7.41 in BONE STOCK trim.

First, Who cares about the 109, it is hideous looking and it's a vtwin.

Second, it took 25 years for suzuki to come up with a bike to compete with the max. And it isnt really a fair comparison, the 109 is a larger diplacement than the vmax. So even with a larger displacement they can barely beat a max. they have been playing catch up

Third, they will continue to play catch up especially to the new Vmax. how can anyone be proud that their new modern 109 can maybe beat a max, a 25 year old outdated bike.

Last, can a stock 109 claim a high 9 sec 1/4 mile, NO, it cant but the Gen 1 vmax can. and there are plenty of other low 10 sec runs recorded

Soooooo, you and the 109 boys better watch out for the new max.

See ya, in the rear view mirror that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back