unlocking top cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is correct both the ignition key and the faux are the same key, even your steering lock which is located on the down on the left side of the steering head below the triple trees.

Hopefully they didnt change the ignition on you. Check to see if the key works also on the steering head lock, if it does than you may have to apply a small amount of pressure on the rear of the faux and than try turning the key, try that. If it doesnt fit in the steering lock, most likely the person lost the orginal key and had to replace the ignition.

Yes that is correct both the ignition key and the faux are the same key, even your steering lock which is located on the down on the left side of the steering head below the triple trees.

Hopefully they didnt change the ignition on you. Check to see if the key works also on the steering head lock, if it does than you may have to apply a small amount of pressure on the rear of the faux and than try turning the key, try that. If it doesnt fit in the steering lock, most likely the person lost the orginal key and had to replace the ignition.

How far does the key fit in it doesnt seem to want to turn
/:bang head:

There is a lot of pressure on the lock mechanism from the springs. Like Yankee said, push down hard on the rear of the cover to relieve pressure and it should turn easily. Have had two Maxes and always have had to do this. Key does not go in as deep as it does in the ignition. If this does not work, I don't have any other ideas... :ummm:

The key should go in about 3/4 of the key length. You may have some stuck tumblers, try to spray a lil WD-40 into the lock or similiar lubricant.
I am not sure but have you tried flipping the key 180 upside down and try inserting it into the lock?

push down on botton of the tank near the seat...take the pressure off the key

SS
Thanks for your help, but that was reccomended already, I believe he was inserting the key 180 out if thats possible.:clapping:

SS
Thanks for your help, but that was reccomended already, I believe he was inserting the key 180 out if thats possible.:clapping:
yes but sometimes i have to be told something twice....even three times a lady

Back