What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sean, I was thinking of doing something after the holidays. What were you looking to get for it? Thanks Mark.

They really change the way the bike feels. It has a lot more room. I also made my own highway pegs. My legs were cramped when I had the case guards on it. It wants to wheelie a bit more. Mark.

Good luck, should be cool...pics will be mandatory.

of course. might be february or so before they're on tho.

Yea, I think we can do it. Weld nuts to the inside of your current flanges (will need to drill off the end caps to get access to it).

Sean

i agree Sean. I like that better than riveting. plus i was playing around with my rivet gun, because of the angle of the downturn, you can't really get it flush against the mounting holes, under where the tip turns down. we'll talk about it more later.

otherwise i think it will look great. the end of the mounting surface is tapered so it should blend right in. the hole of the actual downturn and the hole in the existing endcap are within a 1/8" of each other as well.

Hi Sean, I was thinking of doing something after the holidays. What were you looking to get for it? Thanks Mark.

Not sure what they are worth?? Anyone have Rogers pricing? I am sure I will be cheaper then him since it's "used" (even though it's brand new). I would actually even entertain a trade of the cover for the parts you take off (faux tank and scoops).

Sean

Just got off the phone with the 91st District Court of Chippewa County, since I couldn't find out what I owed through the prerecorded list of fines. The prerecorded fines stopped at 20 mph over, so I pushed the "0" button to talk to one of the court's clerks. I told her my name and sheepishly repeated the violation so she could look up my fee. I had to ask her to repeat it a second time just because I was thinking it would be much more!:ummm: $165 for 85 in a 55 mph zone!?!?!
I hung up the phone and let out a big sign of relief! I was told that it would be over $300 by a couple of officers I saw later so I was really relived to say the least when it was "only" $165!
The Sheriff was nice enough to not write me for 35mph over which would have meant Redbone would be on a flatbed and I woulda been in bracelets. He had me on radar @ 102 - 100 - 97 but because I immediatly pulled over, was respectful and honest he wrote me for a lesser ticket.

What a way to end the year of riding:bang head:, oh well I at least got a 25 mile ride after that.

same here. i wasn't a dick and the cop let me go easy.

failure to signal
passing on the right
marked lanes
failure to yield
and 100+ in a 65...

gave me 90 in a 65 and the minimum of a $100 fine. said to stop being an idiot.

Man......

In NY you would both be screwed.....poor......in jail......fighting in court to keep your license:bang head:

Same here.

Week ago i've get 130$ ticket for 50 miles over in the 32 miles zone...
also 8 points. Yes we have points here.

24 points in the year and you're loosing your drivers licence.

And abslolutly NO MERCY from cops here...

Hi Sean, do you happen to have any pics of this item from any different angles? I'd like to see how it looks from the side and back. If i like what I see I would also be interested in a trade! Thanks Mark.

Last weekend, got up nice and early and did just under 300 mi. with a good buddy. western Mass and upstate New York...really kick ass time. Gonna probably do it again this weekend. :biglaugh:

got my LM-1 in the mail today. whooo hooo. got some electrical pieces to put back together and some reading to do. then its off to fargo for some 'testing'

Last weekend, got up nice and early and did just under 300 mi. with a good buddy. western Mass and upstate New York...really kick ass time. Gonna probably do it again this weekend. :biglaugh:

What route did you take? This is my riding area too, maybe we can hook up for a few miles this weekend, I live just off the Taconic Pkwy., about 8 miles south of Chatham, NY.

got my LM-1 in the mail today. whooo hooo. got some electrical pieces to put back together and some reading to do. then its off to fargo for some 'testing'

This is very cool, can't wait to here some results!! :clapping:

Almost forgot....I swung a leg over '99 yesterday for a nice 65 mile ride through the hills along the NY/CT/Mass borders...it was beautiful riding!

Latest posts

Back