Valve cover gasket source

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguy

Reaction score
I've been searching this for an hour unsuccessfully. I need one for my 04 and can't locate a vendor.
Could someone post a link? I tried Partzila and got frustrated with their website.
Thanks.
Jack

I've been searching this for an hour unsuccessfully. I need one for my 04 and can't locate a vendor.

Could someone post a link? I tried Partzila and got frustrated with their website.

Thanks.

Jack

You can look on eBay, they’re on there. I have a guy in Rochester NY, carries 99% of gaskets Vmax related, Yamaha brand not knock offs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The eBay listing for the valve cover gasket says " 2 required ", yet the photo is of a single gasket joined in the middle. Should I order 2 of them?

The cam cover is H shaped so is the gasket....but there is a 'bar' that goes across cam chain tunnel which needs to be removed.

So yes, you need two gaskets if you want to replace them on both cylinder heads.

That said they can be used multiple times although I do put a wipe of silicon sealer around the half moon shapes on the outer edges.

I also stock probably more maintenance items then most (including the valve cover gaskets). I'm not going to be as cheap as ebay or some online OEM parts houses.

I think I know the answer, but should we also set the valves when replacing the gaskets?
The bike has 30k and they're untouched.

I think I know the answer, but should we also set the valves when replacing the gaskets?

The bike has 30k and they're untouched.

You’re already in there, why not at least check them to see where they’re at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back