My Vmax performing like a 500cc

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok looking at self-solder package from

http://roadstercycle.com/

Complete Mosfet Kit FH020AA DIY crimp or solder kit!

hsOME OPtions in there are extra length wire for battery.. do i need to worry about this? ok depends on mounting location... not sure where that is gonna be yet... if in same spot, do i need extra wire?

who has purchased this kit and instealled it? can you give me some pointers please?

dont wanna have to splice in extra length if dont have to.. mount location, wahtcha got to share?

Great upgrade. If you could afford it, I'd consider the Series regulator. It does cost more, but your stator will love you for it.

ok u mean the sh847 ok reading now about how they dissipate extra current/voltage, what is it..? differently... 847 not pumping it back into stator versus the shunt sindengen?

shit. another 70 bucks.. c'mon man dangit. ok let's get the COPS done first.

i got the cops,, they are 4150 not 4510, not sure if typo from other thread but hope i got correct ones. used the guide with models and no.s .... looks like both exist, i may have gotten wrong ones..
00-03 Suzuki Gsxr750 Gsxr600 Ignition Coils Coil Spark Plug Caps 129700-4150

thats description. i was looking at models years.

says from COPS thread.
01-03 GSXR600
00-05 GSXR750

thought this 4150 would fit... do i need to try to return and get different?

what makes some fit and others not? is it the ability to get down into the hole in our bikes?

i'll maybe use this one for each project, taken one at a time.

oops forget last senetence. i was referring to the threads. keep it all on one here so maybe can use for good reference for others who want to do mods.

ok u mean the sh847 ok reading now about how they dissipate extra current/voltage, what is it..? differently... 847 not pumping it back into stator versus the shunt sindengen?

shit. another 70 bucks.. c'mon man dangit. ok let's get the COPS done first.

i got the cops,, they are 4150 not 4510, not sure if typo from other thread but hope i got correct ones. used the guide with models and no.s .... looks like both exist, i may have gotten wrong ones..
00-03 Suzuki Gsxr750 Gsxr600 Ignition Coils Coil Spark Plug Caps 129700-4150

thats description. i was looking at models years.

says from COPS thread.
01-03 GSXR600
00-05 GSXR750

thought this 4150 would fit... do i need to try to return and get different?

what makes some fit and others not? is it the ability to get down into the hole in our bikes?

i'll maybe use this one for each project, taken one at a time.

4150's will make the vboost open at 8000 rpm.:bang head:

ok looking at self-solder package from

http://roadstercycle.com/

Complete Mosfet Kit FH020AA DIY crimp or solder kit!

hsOME OPtions in there are extra length wire for battery.. do i need to worry about this? ok depends on mounting location... not sure where that is gonna be yet... if in same spot, do i need extra wire?

who has purchased this kit and instealled it? can you give me some pointers please?

dont wanna have to splice in extra length if dont have to.. mount location, wahtcha got to share?

The red and black wires that came with the kit I bought from there were 3ft. Plenty of length to mount down in the original position on the left passenger peg. Had a little length to spare, just tucked it behind the battery. otherwise could have trimmed and redid the connector end. The 3 yellow wires are about 1 ft. Again plenty of length to reach the stator wires when I mounted it low.

K no problem. i'll get the right stuff and R/R and get back on here for next step. on one hand though i got the harness, looks good.

ok so for COPS connections,

is it worth cutting the wires off the old coils, so you have the plug to use, splice that into the new COP wires, so you have plugs on both ends?

or Save the old coils just in case, cut the bike-side connector off, hard-line splice solder that to new COP wire taken from harness/on harness, which has connector into COP?

not sur what to do.. save the old coils and cut the bike side wires? or cut the old coils and just solder in the connectors.?

also, there will be some soldering done etc... is it worth getting new wires to replace what came with the used harness? is it hard to put them back into the connector (typical COP connector)?

Not sure, but I can get going on this part while I wait for actual COPS to show up.. got -4800 set on it's way

The red and black wires that came with the kit I bought from there were 3ft. Plenty of length to mount down in the original position on the left passenger peg. Had a little length to spare, just tucked it behind the battery. otherwise could have trimmed and redid the connector end. The 3 yellow wires are about 1 ft. Again plenty of length to reach the stator wires when I mounted it low.

ok tyeah, did you go with the fho22oa blah blah or the sh847?

wondering if it ain't worth the extra, what 60 bucks for the "stator will thank you" version...???

going to do COPS, new stator, new R/R upgrades when I get brave enough.
just ordered new stator gasket OEM.
gotta get R/R ordered yet today, not sure why I'm waiting.....

ok tyeah, did you go with the fho22oa blah blah or the sh847?

wondering if it ain't worth the extra, what 60 bucks for the "stator will thank you" version...???

going to do COPS, new stator, new R/R upgrades when I get brave enough.
just ordered new stator gasket OEM.
gotta get R/R ordered yet today, not sure why I'm waiting.....

I ended up getting the SH775 from another source since Roadstercycle no longer carried it. The SH775 is a serial type like the SH847 but a little smaller in size. The SH847 is a larger capacity and larger size R/R. Look at the dimensions and start figuring where you want to mount it. That might help determine which one to buy. Bill had posted previously on here a few times that you can still find the SH775 (used) for a reasonable price. I bought a new one and probably paid way too much for mine but I am pleased I went with the serial type.

ok so for COPS connections,

is it worth cutting the wires off the old coils, so you have the plug to use, splice that into the new COP wires, so you have plugs on both ends?

or Save the old coils just in case, cut the bike-side connector off, hard-line splice solder that to new COP wire taken from harness/on harness, which has connector into COP?

not sur what to do.. save the old coils and cut the bike side wires? or cut the old coils and just solder in the connectors.?

also, there will be some soldering done etc... is it worth getting new wires to replace what came with the used harness? is it hard to put them back into the connector (typical COP connector)?

Not sure, but I can get going on this part while I wait for actual COPS to show up.. got -4800 set on it's way

currently working on removing front stock coils. dang those butter screws suck. gonna have to get my dremel in there and cut off screw head. got 2 out, but still need to cut. had to do this with rear ones. but had them off bike and they were on bracket.

still dont know how to wire up COPS.

1)Has anyone sold stock coils? are they worth anything or should I cut the wires and use the connections? Or is it worth wiring soldering on a flat connector on each wire and plug onto connection on bike and then tape it to protect like that guy did that has long writeup you gotta download cuz it's too big.... not sure what to do here,
or do I get proper connections and wire them to harness connections so it's plug in both sides, one into COP, one into bike side, help keep things clean? i'll do this if stock coils are worthless and there's no chance in hell i'm going back to stock coils....which I am assuming ya'll will recommend, no?

currently working on removing front stock coils. dang those butter screws suck. gonna have to get my dremel in there and cut off screw head. got 2 out, but still need to cut. had to do this with rear ones. but had them off bike and they were on bracket.

1)Has anyone sold stock coils? are they worth anything or should I cut the wires and use the connections? Or is it worth wiring soldering on a flat connector on each wire and plug onto connection on bike and then tape it to protect like that guy did that has long writeup you gotta download cuz it's too big.... not sure what to do here,
or do I get proper connections and wire them to harness connections so it's plug in both sides, one into COP, one into bike side, help keep things clean? i'll do this if stock coils are worthless and there's no chance in hell i'm going back to stock coils....which I am assuming ya'll will recommend, no?
I will ask Jon and get back to you.
He always seems to help and still sends people to this site.

ok thanks.got the front coils out. think i hooked up the plugs properly. had to unhook some stuff, loosen the bracket holding servo etc. there's the plastic piece on right side behind scoop, how is that orientated?

also pictures not working on the link i got for another forum for the radiator fan switch mod. got the switch, 3 connections.

Stock coils,they have less value than they used to. Using the coil connectors is a good way to make your own harness. Get some 14 ga. wire and solder it up or your favorite connectors. I've taken Bill's advice on the posi-locks. They seem to work well. Just seal the ends with silicone or grease. The conduit you can get anywhere. Polarity I keep the same as stock, but I've herd it doesn't matter with cops. Still I'm not big on leaving anything to chance when it comes to my ride.
Steve-o

Stock coils,they have less value than they used to. Using the coil connectors is a good way to make your own harness. Get some 14 ga. wire and solder it up or your favorite connectors. I've taken Bill's advice on the posi-locks. They seem to work well. Just seal the ends with silicone or grease. The conduit you can get anywhere. Polarity I keep the same as stock, but I've herd it doesn't matter with cops. Still I'm not big on leaving anything to chance when it comes to my ride.
Steve-o

yep k thanks.

how do I remove the connections made fromthe harness that i bought? it only has the ends that go into the cops..? are they re-usable? i have the old gsxr harness, some wires 4 inches others a foot. i'dl ike to solder my own wire in so i know it's new and good, but not sure how to remove existing wires in that "COP" end... remove and replace the wires..
posi-locks i'll have to look that up. so did u cut off the bike side, of the old coil setup and switch the connector to posi lock? guess here without any research,...

if the coils are worthless, i'm ok to use the ends of the old coils to pluginto the "bike" side. should I just solder new wire in between that and the COP end, using the existing actual wire/connections to the connection or do I try to remove the old wire from the bike end connection and replace with new? i'm not sure if theycrimped or soldered, or if I'd need new metal insert pieces of the connection that i'd be sodlering to.... if the connection is good, suggest I just use that wire and splice in extension to reach COP?

i'd also like to keep the wiring the same.. on stock coils, what is hot, red or orange? on COP, it's a 4800, what is hot what is not?

Also, looked at the fan switch write up... plenty of room without those coils up in there so that's nice. anyways i got a 3 way switch, the writeup talks about a manifold and neck... don't know what he is talking about. lookin for a different write up for us that aren't so experienced..

i'll pick up some 14g wire.

Just extend the wires from the COP connectors. Solder and heat shrink, you're good to go.

ok. workin onit this weekend. making the COPS at least.

how long do I wanna make them? i'm thinking I should put battery back in, get things normal and comfortable in that whole area.., and then measure with the cop in place, how long I should have the connections.... thoughts on that?

ok. workin onit this weekend. making the COPS at least.

how long do I wanna make them? i'm thinking I should put battery back in, get things normal and comfortable in that whole area.., and then measure with the cop in place, how long I should have the connections.... thoughts on that?

side note...
what is this? i was just looking at the bike last night and found this plug unplugged.. lookslike it hadn't been pluggedin for quitesome time . it looks like it is going to the stator area, with those bunch of wires, going into that spot on left hand side of bike..

Attachments

• IMG_0537[1].jpg
    IMG_0537[1].jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back