Vmax 1200 LED headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxed1989

Reaction score
Hi anyone done a day maker install on the max? I have an led bulb with cambus fitted but would like to go the whole way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, what is the purpose for the canbus for a gen 1. Im running this one and love it, price has alot to do with the love.

Attachments

• led bobe.jpg
    led bobe.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 46
'Scuse me if I'm being a bit thick here, but what is the benefit of fitting a canbus LED to the Gen I when it doesn't have a canbus (CAN) electrical system?

According to this they shouldn't be used for non-CAN circuits.

A little further digging suggests that they have a resistive load similar to an incandescent bulb so no benefit there.

And to answer Mr Gents Vmax's question about CAN, a read of this should answer the question.

I still swear by a healthy charging system, a Series voltage regulator (to benefit the stator), and relays that run the light directly from the battery, (where you run output of the regulator to directly..).

I still swear by a healthy charging system, a Series voltage regulator (to benefit the stator), and relays that run the light directly from the battery, (where you run output of the regulator to directly..).

Yeah, my stock head light was bright so I guess the previous owner did the mod and probably that's why I wasn't that impressed with the LED.

I agree Bill, I have cleaned up my electrical system and mostly satisfied with my setup, since I can run my high beams a lot during the night rides. I run a 60/ 100 bulb that I bought back in 2009, it came with two bulbs for around $12, I always carry the second bulb on long trips, b/c these are just cheap bulbs, but have not changed it yet and I'm kind of interested to see just how log it will last. The 60 portion of the bulb is nothing spectacular but the 100 portion really lights up the road at legal speeds.
I have been contemplating a 7" housing and a LED bulb but I guess I'll just wait to see what happens with that cheap'o eBay bulb first.

Just curious, what is the purpose for the canbus for a gen 1. Im running this one and love it, price has alot to do with the love.

I really don’t know and I’m no wizard it was just recommended. I’ve used the led bulb for the last 18 months and it’s an improvement-vastly on the old halogen bulb but really would like the day maker type

Your curiosity is correct ! Electrical work was never my forte. Not canbus but ballast but then we all drive tractors here, none of us read or write and straw behind our ears[emoji106]

I'm running a 100/140 watt bulb with a ceramic plug and seldom use the high-beam at night. +1 to a healthy electrical system. And using relays to get proper voltage to the bulb. There isn't room for one more wire in my headlight bucket. No issues seeing at night anymore.

We sell the high output bulbs and ceramic sockets. A pretty simple install.

I'm running a 100/140 watt bulb with a ceramic plug and seldom use the high-beam at night. +1 to a healthy electrical system. And using relays to get proper voltage to the bulb. There isn't room for one more wire in my headlight bucket. No issues seeing at night anymore.

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder! I picked up a ceramic socket from Sean but have yet to install, adding to spring mod list!
I cannot wait to have a dedicated space like you Steve, 3.5 or less to go on the house mortgage!

Question about this led bulb. I picked up something similar to this. Light fits no problem but there is no way the pigtails are fitting in that bucket...where did you put them? The only option I see is to have both of them outside the bucket.

Seems a bit odd..

Because I got one that fits the original bucket. In use for a good year now

Nog here right now,

Buy when i get the bike back I can make a picture. Nothing special to see though.... Because it will be a picture grom a closed bucket.

I got a cheap eBay led bulb. The one on the picture is from my order history

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding_20180108-175055.jpg
    Schermafbeelding_20180108-175055.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 55
Wow...the back of that light looks bigger than what I'm using...and you're sure the new light pigtail & stock harness fit inside the bucket? Maybe I just need to play around with it a bit more.

Latest posts

Back