Signal Relocation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Man

Reaction score
Speaking of signal lights... anyone re-locate the front turn signals? I have fitted a new windshield to my Max which fits very nicely after removing the front turn signals. I now need to fashion up a new mount of some kind. I've looked for fork tube clamps, but haven't found any in any of the catalogues I have. I might try and weld up a pipe or bracket this aft and maybe mount it off of the black metal bracket that the headlamp mounts to. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions before I bubble gum something up? :uhm00000:

G Man

G Man said:
Speaking of signal lights... anyone re-locate the front turn signals? I have fitted a new windshield to my Max which fits very nicely after removing the front turn signals. I now need to fashion up a new mount of some kind. I've looked for fork tube clamps, but haven't found any in any of the catalogues I have. I might try and weld up a pipe or bracket this aft and maybe mount it off of the black metal bracket that the headlamp mounts to. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions before I bubble gum something up? :uhm00000:

G Man

I saw some that had signal lights built into the back of the mirrors. I'm trying to remember where I saw it. That would be pretty streamline.

J.C. Whitney has some chrome clamps that fasten to the forks and are meant for a headlight. Check them out and perhaps you can use them. I had a set on my last bike.

Buster Hymen said:
I saw some that had signal lights built into the back of the mirrors. I'm trying to remember where I saw it. That would be pretty streamline.
Here's an example of one...

Attachments

• harleyforwardfacing.jpg
    harleyforwardfacing.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 35
  • VTX-FRONT-5.gif
    VTX-FRONT-5.gif
    82.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Thanks guys, all good ideas. I'm out to my shop to re-examine again and try to come up with a solution. I'll post my results if and when I come up with something!

G Man

Latest posts

Back