Please Explain What He Means...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankumuch

Reaction score
In the carb synch procedure, I don't understand what the presenter means. I highlighted the part in yellow below, and attached a picture... "Hook the sync tool hoses to the nipples. Left-rear is cylinder 1, left-front 2, right-rear 3 and right-front is cylinder 4. See the tape on the hoses near the manifold ports? Make sure you put the side of the hose with the restrictors closest to the manifolds. I found that there's less fluctuation of the gauge when done this way."

Why is there tape on the hoses? What purpose does it serve? What is the side of the hose and restrictors? I thought the synch tool hoses just plug into the carb ports. Somebody please explain what he means here so I don't miss something. Thanks!

in the carb synch procedure, i don't understand what the presenter means. I highlighted the part in yellow below, and attached a picture... "hook the sync tool hoses to the nipples. Left-rear is cylinder 1, left-front 2, right-rear 3 and right-front is cylinder 4. see the tape on the hoses near the manifold ports? Make sure you put the side of the hose with the restrictors closest to the manifolds. i found that there's less fluctuation of the gauge when done this way."

why is there tape on the hoses? What purpose does it serve? What is the side of the hose and restrictors? i thought the synch tool hoses just plug into the carb ports. Somebody please explain what he means here so i don't miss something. Thanks!

synch.jpg

The tape is reminder of which end the restrictors are so you know that end goes to the manifold ports

I'm still confused... I thought there are simply 4 hoses coming out of the synch gauge, and they each mate up with the carbs... so what is the restrictors?? Is there some additional piece, that I just can't see, that fits on just these two hoses? Or on the carbs? Sorry I don't have the tool yet, so maybe this would all be plain as day if I had one in hand. Probably a stupid question, but I still don't get it.

http://www.carbtune.com/inst.html

Check out this page form Morgan.

It describes the purpose of the restrictors and how to install them.

The tape in the photo is just used cover the joint where the 2 pieces of hose meet @ the inline restrictor. Really, there is no need for the tape. Adding it sure doesn't hurt anything.

Not all manometers come with restrictors. If you aren't using a Morgan Carbtune, its possible you don't have any.

http://www.carbtune.com/inst.html

Check out this page form Morgan.

It describes the purpose of the restrictors and how to install them.

The tape in the photo is just used cover the joint where the 2 pieces of hose meet @ the inline restrictor. Really, there is no need for the tape. Adding it sure doesn't hurt anything.

Not all manometers come with restrictors. If you aren't using a Morgan Carbtune, its possible you don't have any.

OK, thank you, now it makes sense what he's doing. I appreciate your help, thank you!

You're going to be happy you bought the Carbtune. Nothing in my opinion, works better.

You're going to be happy you bought the Carbtune. Nothing in my opinion, works better.

+1, very simple and very effective. I prefer the Carbtune over more complex versions out there. After you do it once and get the feel for it then it becomes a quick process. I use mine anytime I touch the carbs or anytime I feel like it's lost it's sharpness and snappyness.

Back