White smoke from oil breather hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRE-77

Reaction score
I'm getting some light white moisture type smoke from my crankcase breather hose, as I'm running flat slides do not have a stock air box. It happens when the engine has run about a couple of minutes from a cold start, and does it when warm, but there is no oil coming out of the hose, the engine has 11k miles on it. Is some of this normal?

Thanks,

Jim

You say it does it when warm, what about when it is up to operating temperature?

If the 'smoke' is water vapour then I would think this is normal as condensation will will turn to steam as the engine heats up and this is what you are seeing.

If it is oil vapour, then again, some is normal as there will be some piston blow-by but if what you are seeing is normal I can't say.
Assuming that you are not using excessive amounts of oil then it is unlikely there is anything to be concerned about.

It is a water vapor that will even leave moisture in the catch tank. It does it when it is up to temp, and oil is up to temp as well, There is zero oil that comes out and the engine does not burn any oil.

Latest posts

Back