fuel pump needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent used fuel pump that's willing to sell it?
I found one of those 17.00 ones on fleabay but the bracket is different

Ive got used OEM pumps but it's a lot more then the cheap ebay pump. I am not sure if the ebay pump has the internal fuel pressure switch like the OEM? If not it will be dead heading most of the time which causes the fuel to heat up.

Does anyone have a decent used fuel pump that's willing to sell it?
I found one of those 17.00 ones on fleabay but the bracket is different

You can take the 8 phillips head screws out and install the stock bracket by pulling the large rubber diaphragm though.
The pumps does not run constantly and does not run hot-has more cfm than the stock pump.

I ended up ordering one. I looked at it and figured I could put my bracket onto it.
what sucks is it's 81 today....was going to get my 1st ride in. oh well

Okay I did that got everything back together and hooked up and turn the key on and heard the clicking. I didn't see any fuel being pulled through my filter... Just wondering if I put it back together the right way or if I need to prime it and if I need to prime it how I do it

I'm not getting any suction...diaphragms are there in place.
Wondering if I put it together wrong after taking it apart to put my bracket on it.
ughhhh.....this is REALLY pissing me off!

Well...I'm getting suction..when I disconnect the outlet hose and key it up...it flows great!
Hook it back up...nothing.
It's like I have something going on past the pump.
I even change the outlet hose and that didnt work.

If the pump does not click after reconnecting, maybe drain the float bowls to give the pump some volume to fill.. If everything is full, the pump may not turn on.

I know that my fuel pump will not click sometimes because the bowls are full. Sometimes even after sitting overnight, it will not click at all or maybe just once.

You're sure one of the lines isn't kinked? That would stop fuel flow.

A pin hole in the hose on the suction side (tank side) will also cause it to suck air and not fuel.

I hooked another hose up to the outlet side and hit the key...pumped out good!
Must be something further past...gonna try the shotgun tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back