Stators gone.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effingidiot

Reaction score
U.K. A soldier of life,just soldiering throu.
My stator reading jumps about a bit then settles down at 0.8,my pickup coil is in spec reading 97.5.I dont know if i should buy a used good one,or a new copy.Has any one fitted an aftermarket stator,or should i just go for it and get a propper one.Cash flow's a bit tight.cheers.

I posted a discount code from RMStator a week or so ago. It gets you 20% off. I think I wound up paying about $75.00 for the unit, but shipping to UK might be expensive. I've got a series voltage regulator mounted under the seat of my bike. One good thing about the RM unit is that the output wires are plenty long enough to reach to the mounting location, where the rear coils were before COPS. No connector by the foot peg to corrode and cause problems. The unit seemed well made, and works fine.

I posted a discount code from RMStator a week or so ago. It gets you 20% off. I think I wound up paying about $75.00 for the unit, but shipping to UK might be expensive. I've got a series voltage regulator mounted under the seat of my bike. One good thing about the RM unit is that the output wires are plenty long enough to reach to the mounting location, where the rear coils were before COPS. No connector by the foot peg to corrode and cause problems. The unit seemed well made, and works fine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-VM...143356?hash=item20d4bd83fc:g:ZZoAAOxy7odR0XGk i was looking at this,or a used one for£50.00.

I have heard good things about ElectroSport stators. I believe the one I have in my RoadStar is an ElectroSport replacement. Still going strong after 24,000 miles. The stator pictured has a long lead wire coming out of the unit. That would make life easier if you decide to uprgade to a series or mosfet voltage regulator. Especially if you mount it under the seat, like I did.. I certainly wouldn't buy a used one. The difference between the price of the new and used wouldn't be worth the risk to me.

I looked up that part number. That stator is described as a 20% higher output than standard. That's the same as the RM Stator unit I bought last year. They described it as a Venture/Vmax stator.
If that one works the way mine does, I'd highly recommend it.

I've got a bucket of used ones for $50 plus postage (stators)

And Sean wouldn't sell a sketchy one. He'd probably be the only person I'd buy a used one from..

Latest posts

Back