Windshields....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulrok

Reaction score
Yes.. I know there is a thread on windshields.. but I didn't see anything specific about the hardware associated with this style..

Ok

So I really like this style windshield on the vmax.

v-max_02_001_3_1.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-VMAX...ash=item1a26a09de7:g:EA8AAMXQxzZRdf~Z&vxp=mtr

However.. I'm not sure which hardware goes with it.

Anyone know?

I have one without the lettering. It's good for taking a little blast off your chest and keeping the bugs off your speedo housing. Not really an "adds 300 miles to your day in comfort" shield, though. That's what the National Cycles one is for.

I have one without the lettering. It's good for taking a little blast off your chest and keeping the bugs off your speedo housing. Not really an "adds 300 miles to your day in comfort" shield, though. That's what the National Cycles one is for.

+1 I'm 6' and mine blasts my head with air, but my chest and speedo are clean.

+1 I'm 6' and mine blasts my head with air, but my chest and speedo are clean.

So how's the ride. Is it what you expected it to be. I just ordered from Yamaha the touring windshield for my max it'll be here in about seven days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how's the ride. Is it what you expected it to be. I just ordered from Yamaha the touring windshield for my max it'll be here in about seven days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's as expected because my expectations were low. I bought it mostly for the look rather than the function. I'd say it made highway speeds noisier due to wind focusing on my head. It's extra turbulent because of my gps mount though I think. I'd def go with a bigger one if you're looking for improvements at speed.

I'm 5'11" and have a lowered seat which works well for me for all but multiday trips. The wind coming off the windshield (Givi Airstars 123) protects my chest and up to lower portion of my helmet. On the hottest days (above 90*) I'm glad not to have a larger screen and it affords good enough protection from bugs and such.

Attachments

• 772004.jpg
    772004.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
Back