Special Thanks to Dale Walker at Holeshot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmax-4938

Reaction score
Hey fellow Vmaxers,

Just wanted to give a special shout out to Dale Walker at Holeshot Performance for the excellent job he did on bracing my 2002 swing arm. The fabrication is top notch and the welding is flawless.

First time I learned about Dale was back in the late 80's, I purchased his video on learning to drag race my '87 Max, that's when I was a young buck. Glad to talk to him again and give him the biz.

Tmax-4938

Vmax - The Most Complimented Bike On Planet Earth

Pics would be nice.

I looked for pics of me drag racing back in the day but couldn't find any. Then it hit me... Rollie's asking for pics of the swing arm. LOL Just kiddin'.

See Attached.

Now it's off to the chromer. Speaking of which, I'm lucky to have one of the best chromers in my neck of the woods if anyone's interested:

http://www.thefinishingtouchinc.com/

Tmax-4938

Attachments

• IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2402.jpg
    IMG_2402.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 57
Center stand still work?

Yes, I will be able to keep the center stand. There are only a few exhaust systems where you lose it but Dale lists them on his site.

Tmax-4938

I still enjoy my 4 into 2 exhaust from Dale on mine that I've had for many years and 20k miles. He does a good business. Highly recommend him. Maybe some day I'll meet him too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You should have stripped it before the mod. I would polish it properly before sending to chrome (unless they do that for you). As in painting preparation is the key to success.

How much to chrome a braced VMAX swing arm ? That's going to be one of my next mods your swing arm looks great.

You should have stripped it before the mod. I would polish it properly before sending to chrome (unless they do that for you). As in painting preparation is the key to success.

Yes, I understand and agree with you. Dale only asked that the swing arm be cleaned and free of any grime or grease. I guess he gets a lot of guys that send him dirty swing arms because he made a point to tell me not to send him a dirty one.

As far as the other prep work, the chromer will take care of that. These guys are meticulous.

Once the work is done I'll post some pics.

Tmax-4938
Vmax - The Most Complimented Bike On Planet Earth.

How much to chrome a braced VMAX swing arm ? That's going to be one of my next mods your swing arm looks great.

I will let you know once I get the final quote. I'll post some pics too. Also am getting the Venture pumpkin from Sean Morley and he's chroming that one for me. Can't wait to put her back together.

Tmax-4938
Vmax - The Most Complimented Bike On Planet Earth.

The diff should be ready after this weekend I think. We're also working on another swingarm for a customer that also wants it chromed. Should look pretty spectacular when done. They are not cheap though!

Two of my favorite mods from sean are the chromed swingarm and venture diff. The bracing is ROCK SOLID!! Excellent mods

Latest posts

Back