Boost servo no initial movement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubari

Reaction score
Hi. When i turn ignition on from key, my boost servo don't do initial check, open/close. However, when motor running and revs are around 6000 the servo motor pulls boost open.?? I have measured +- cable's and when ignition on, there is no voltage coming from boost control unit. The thing is, how come the boost is working anyway when motor is running?? If i have understood correctly, there is a vacuum valve that is getting suction from carb's, that is controlling boost servo motor?? I might be totally wrong here, so all information about subject would be much appreciated. V max year model 1988.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Did some reading.. No vacuum for boost obviously :D I have done quite a lot of stuff to my bike but carburators and boost is completely new thing with this bike. Sorry about misinformation :/

I had struggled with my boost controller. I had to open it up and and resolder the wire terminals last year and it works now, provided I have the wires situated behind the scoop just right. If you dont hear it self cycle then my guess is shes not functioning.

Mine stopped working this spring. One way to check it out is to pull the left scoop to expose the boost controller and turn the key and switch on, leave engine off. If you dont hear it you can wiggle the wires and fidget with it until you hear it work. What I did this spring is removed the mounting screw and as I held it in my hand it would work when I cycled the switch on/off on/off, but not when I mounted it, so I gave it a twist and remounted it to put some torsion on the wires, and now it works just fine.

It's a common thing, I'm going to buy an Ignitek TCI at some point to eliminate the need for this booster, the Ignitek has integral adjustable vboost control eliminating the need for this finicky module. I hope this helps.

As far as becoming familiar with the carbs, I think it's worth while. There is a ton of good reading in the carb/tuning section. proper jetting and adjustment is critical to the full vmax experience. When I got mine I could really feel the vboost kick in, but once I had it doctored up and jetted correctly the vboost was much more obvious, gotta really hang on when she kicks in now. My bike was setup to rich, as I suspect many are, and that was robbing performance.

a737ea6ec1e88734d348075f4f68459b.jpg

Thanks. I will look into controller guts! Familiarisation into carbs is ongoing [emoji41]

Latest posts

Back