Is there any muffler to replace the UFO megaphone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince99frc

Reaction score
Hello Guys I am looking for a replacement. I would love it if I lived at the track. I am just worried about bothering my neighbors and being pulled over by the cops while trying to have fun. Dont get me wrong it sounds good, but I dont want to push my will on others.

Attachments

• Attach148697_20180919_084944 (1).jpg
    Attach148697_20180919_084944 (1).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 34
I have a Dragstar 4/1 from UFO, it has the bologna-cut straight pipe, which I ran for about a month before I decided I needed something quieter, and I bought the UFO megaphone to replace it. I got two end caps of different sizes, and the megaphone came with a baffle. It does quiet it down, but it's still loud.

It took Jon Cornell about a month to make one for me, the megaphone, I spoke w/him on the phone, and ordered one. Less than a month later, he died.

You can look at this:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=31804&highlight=frankencanister

It really quiets-down my UFO 4/1 and I still run my Dynojet Stage 7 setup. Sean does a shorter canister, contact Morley's Muscle.

Star Rider Performance per their website requires me to send them mine to fit with their inserts. Looks like they sell a very similar product.

What kind of performance hit with going with baffles and end caps? If the sound can be dropped at least a 3rd I would be completely happy. However, if that is going to kill performance by the same amount I am willing to tow the bike to events. LOL!!

Shipped to Star Rider Performance. I will post back when it is back on the bike.

Look up star rider performance. Owner is Mike Lees, he worked with UFO, he has baffles and end caps that can quiet it down.

SRP even polished the exhaust for me. Looks great. I 4got to bring the keys with me when I went to put them on. I will be back over tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20181007_141318.jpg
    20181007_141318.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20181007_141333.jpg
    20181007_141333.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 31
Ok sorry for the delay. Today I put the exhaust on. It sounds great. Not like it was b4 with the 2.5 inch setup. SRP rocks!!!

Latest posts

Back