Buying a windshield, what are my options?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveish1006

Reaction score
So as usual I'm getting stomped with shopping for accessories for my 02':ummm:. Newest being a windshield, mainly being I don't want to buy one that doesn't fit, or does absolutely nothing :bang head:. I'm 5'5" and by the end of this month I plan on having the UFO starfighter seat meaning I'll be lowered another 3". I would prefer a touring shield if possible but I'll take anything that'll make my weekend 100 mile trips a little easier. Also those Imaginary moments when I go 100+ mph I would like it if my helmet DIDN'T feel like it was being ripped from my head.

National cycle plexistar 2 is the one I have & works great. :eusa_dance: U need a mounting kit for 7/8 bars. Bolts right on & comes off easy in 2 minutes with no tools, 2 brackets attach to fork tubes & 2 to the handle bars. About 17" high, goes all the way to stock bar ends & tucks in behind the signal lights. Could be a better fit around the headlight, but good airflow through there anyway. Nice in the cooler weather & excellent if u get caught in the rain. No room for the stock shorty in behind it though. Larry

First one is an MRA Vario touring shield with adjustable wind deflector, works pretty good, takes all the pressure off your chest but being 6' 5" I did get some wind at about the face shield level and up.

Second is a Memphis Shades Classic Deuce. This one works well for wind deflection but not necessarily the most attractive and may require lowering the signal lights a few inches. Memphis Shades is a great company to work with tho, they'll send out small parts free and without question.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_3117.jpg
    100_3117.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 91
There's a bunch of threads on the subject. If you use the search option, you will find them.

It all depends on east style/coverage that you are looking for.

I have had a few different ones over the years, the Yamaha mini, a National Cycle one, Memphis Shade Hellcat, Givi and now an MRA Racing one.

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 86
I have a Memphis Shades Malibu windshield on my 03. It DID require relocating the turn signals, but it does work nicely for me. I am 5'4", and I am generally looking just over the top, but it is really easy to tuck down just a bit for much better protection from the elements.

10402817_10203290143829720_6257609747655255017_n.jpg

10155547_10203525658677444_6327048047500476024_n.jpg

14805_10203525659077454_4876397024570748975_n.jpg

I can send u a pic, email? Haven't quit figuired this site out yet. Larry

Bringing back an old thread. Maxcruiser how does the MRA compare to Givi for wind protection?

Bringing back an old thread. Maxcruiser how does the MRA compare to Givi for wind protection?

The MRA one had more adjusrability as it is mounted to the handlebars. It has some height and tilt adjustability. The Givi is solid mounted with very little adjustability.

The wind would hit me in the upper chest with the Givi, while on the MRA, the wind hits the top of the helmet.

Mike

First one is an MRA Vario touring shield with adjustable wind deflector, works pretty good, takes all the pressure off your chest but being 6' 5" I did get some wind at about the face shield level and up.

Second is a Memphis Shades Classic Deuce. This one works well for wind deflection but not necessarily the most attractive and may require lowering the signal lights a few inches. Memphis Shades is a great company to work with tho, they'll send out small parts free and without question.

+1 Danny. That's the one I use early spring and late fall. But the rest of the time I''m satisfied with the OEM fly screen. One thing for sure, they, tall windshields, aren't pretty. But needed some times. The fly screen, it's more effective than I'd have thought.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back