A "wake up" call

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I make popcorn for our local high school basketball games. This kids mom is in charge of the concessions. Zack was a big helper in setting up the stand, and getting things going. I didn't know him well, but what they say in the news story is true. He was like a little Mayor. I don't know the whole story, about the crash. Just that he hit a tree root and flipped the 4 wheeler on top of himself. Doesn't sound like he's going to make it. Pretty ruff for the family.

http://wivb.com/2017/04/29/prayer-vigil-for-young-boy-critically-injured-in-atv-accident/

That's a sad story. Kathy and I went to a Chris Wilson concert at the Catholic Church in Elma last night, they had a moment of prayer before the show for him, and Chris dedicated a song to him.

Payers go out to the young man, his family and friends. Motorsports are a fun but dangerous.
A few years ago we had a young man (high school senior) near me hit a utility pole guy wire, he barely survived but now is a paraplegic. He is a very bright young man and very determined to do his best. He worked hard at therapy and then went to college and earned a marketing degree.
He almost died this winter after he developed a severe infection but has made a recovery. He is back at work at our golf course working in the proshop.

They took Zack off life support, and he passed. They said on the news that they were donating his organs. There's a whole bunch of changed lives. I talked with a family friend. He was wearing a helmet. Not to be to graphic, but the handle bar came through his face shield. Hopefully he never knew a thing. It's not much consolation, considering the circumstances, but wearing the helmet was huge as far as responsibility and safety goes.

We will add Zack and his family to our prayer list. We offer the intentions daily & I pray while I ride...as I am a passenger, I don't need to focus on the road as much. A privilege to pray for them. I have not posted but only asked questions in pm, but I wanted to post on this one. A.M.D.G.

Back