Dragmax prototype

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
This isnt really a solo seat but wouldnt be to comfy for a passenger,Im going to call it the" Dragmaxgasser" Its a rear maxgasser seat pan with just enough foam to hide the rivets. I did this one in a few hours this moring. If there is any interest I will refine the rear cover and it will be available mid - late spring. (Disregard the front seat it is a rock hard wrinked sample seat.)

Attachments

• 2012-03-04_10-49-13_460.jpg
    2012-03-04_10-49-13_460.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 2012-03-04_10-48-59_773 DRAGMAXGASSER.jpg
    2012-03-04_10-48-59_773 DRAGMAXGASSER.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 2012-03-04_10-49-47_709 DMG.jpg
    2012-03-04_10-49-47_709 DMG.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 2012-03-04_10-49-38_386 dmg.jpg
    2012-03-04_10-49-38_386 dmg.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 170
great work as usual rick. i was worried how it'd look being lower than the grab bar but it looks awesome.

I've been looking for something like this for a while. Just subscribed to the thread for further updates.:coolgleamA:

I'll be working on a better cover in the next couple weeks,one with four pannels instead of the one piece I stretched around the one pictured.It will be the same baisic thing but with seams for a better fit.It will lift up on a hindge the same as the origanal maxgasser.

Looks great ! & if your going that route I would ditch the grab rail . I have been thinking about going that way but cant make up my mind.

the trouble with loseing the grab rail is that that is where the hindge mounts.guess Ill have to work on that too.

The overall profile matches the seat we did for jeff on his dragbike.

I'm calling "Dibs" on seat #1. I prefer no grab rail design too Rick. If you need donor rear fender or anything else, you know where to get em. I don't want to run an inner fender either but have no idea how that affects things. I'll get my Bro thinking about a fast sleek logo.
PATMAX

I'm calling "Dibs" on seat #1. I prefer no grab rail design too Rick. If you need donor rear fender or anything else, you know where to get em. I don't want to run an inner fender either but have no idea how that affects things. I'll get my Bro thinking about a fast sleek logo.
PATMAX

No need to call dibs Patrick, this Dragmax was built per your 18 month old request,the first production one will have your name on it.

Interested parties, how would you like to see it mount? Right now the mounting point for the hindge is on the grab bar , but if the plan is to eliminate the grab bar then that wont work:bang head:. I could mount to the fender BUT I dont really want to mount to a plastic fender:bang head:. I could eliminate the hindge altogether and just use the latch, that would hold it in place no problem...........BUT then the rear section would come completely off when refueling:bang head:........unless for the dragmax version I used a small cable attached to the under side of the seat with a loop on one end to be bolted as end user desired:clapping:then the rear section could just be layed on the front seat when fueling :eusa_dance:

For some unknown reason I followed that explanation perfectly Rick. You know guys are more visual.
If the seat turns out to be a two piece affair, laying the back on the front is fine. If it becomes a one piece affair, the rear latches will hold it down along with the front tab so no hinge needed! No cable needed either. Maybe simpler to build and lighter too. I do like the contour you have come up with. Hope you get plenty of input from the masses. Just let me know what to make the money order out for!
ce51a6ef-b5b3-801c.jpg
ce51a6ef-b5ca-5d62.jpg
ce51a6ef-b5de-be72.jpg

"It's mine, it's mine, the Precious is mine!".

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Latest posts

Back