Ordered a Maxgasser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool color choice. Never seen it before. Curious, who's idea ? Rick or your's? Be honest!
Hey Rick, I'm a better tile setter than seat builder. I just got two more leads. Bike Night tomorrow! I've have two bikes there showing off fresh chrome I sold them. Hope I can find them in the gigantic crowd. Anybody I see with a pressure cooker gets a no questions asked beat down to unconsciousness.

Patrick, there's one other black and gray MAXGASSER like that one, its on MY gen I! I have lots of that gray perferated material though, and one cover stitched with flat black and that gray ready to build

Got to take a longer ride today running errands around town, very comfortable, night and day difference from stock, Rick Rocks.

my 91 i bought today came with a ufo seat, seems a bit hard to me, like a corbin. i wonder what the difference between it and the gasser is comfort wise. anyone in the knoxville tn area have one :)

my 91 i bought today came with a ufo seat, seems a bit hard to me, like a corbin. i wonder what the difference between it and the gasser is comfort wise. anyone in the knoxville tn area have one :)

None in Tn :( but just look at a UFO seat next to a GASSER, unless yo have a strange shape backside its a no brainer!

Got home Saturday night...and it was like Christmas here at the house. Put the seat on and went for a ride at 2am. HUGE!!!! difference. So far just been around town with it...Cant wait for a LONG TRIP.

First thing I did after taking it out of the box was to look at the workman ship. Ive bought aftermarket car parts from MAJOR companies...and they dont compare to the quality of this seat. It is amazing!!!

Glad you like it, it will get easier to close as it wares in.

You mentioned it was lower? Is that an option? Technically that would be bad for me at 6' 4".

I'm also concerned that the back seat would be too tall as well for my wife who is 6'.

I need to get something more comfortable for the both of us, right now it's between Rick's seat and the Corbin, I just want the maximum butt comfort.

if bill is the first... what # am i? i gotta be in the first 6 or 8? def the first with coloured stitching. product update. i bought my seat nov/dec 2010. i remember getting it just before xmas. the seat has 14000+ kms on it as of this season, and is still as comfortable as new, even better than new i think as its found the right spot for my ass. hands down the best purchase for the bike to date. peace, evan...

Last edited:
if bill is the first... what # am i? i gotta be in the first 6 or 8? def the first with coloured stitching. product update. i bought my seat nov/dec 2010. i remember getting it just before xmas. the seat has 14000+ kms on it as of this season, and is still as comfortable as new, even better than new i think as its found the right spot for my ass. hands down the best purchase for the bike to date. peace, evan...

Evan,
You are #10, but the first in Canada! Thanks for the product update.:clapping:

You mentioned it was lower? Is that an option? Technically that would be bad for me at 6' 4".

I'm also concerned that the back seat would be too tall as well for my wife who is 6'.

I need to get something more comfortable for the both of us, right now it's between Rick's seat and the Corbin, I just want the maximum butt comfort.

Your one of those guys that really needs to try one, but as much as I hate to say it the corbrick seat may be better suited for you as its wider in the passenger seat. As for the height of the rear Maxgasser, its probably better for her because it increases the distance to the pegs for her and puts her higher then you. That tall passenger seat is also the drivers back support.

I know it may be a few more weeks before I get mine resurrected from pieces but I'm 6'4 1/2" I do have FWD controls... also about 240lbs. Gots me a sweet maxgasser from rick. If u want to wait for me to get a good ride in and can give you some info for us tall ones.. my assumption it will be great with FWD controls seening how the gasser will let my legs stretch fwd 1/2"-1" because the seat seems longer.. if I have stock controls may be not so much better because it will make your legs bend at even a sharper angle.... my suggestion right now if you have engine gaurds for highway pegs go maxgasser.. if you were anything like me I used highway pegs constantly.... then I highly recommend fwd controls they made the bike a hell a lot more comfortable for me.. there pricey but you could come across used ones at a decent price... I got a steal on mine.. I just traded a new owner for stock shifter set up :D. Also if you get FWDs highly recommend welding a heal shift on them sending them to sean and get rechomed. ( most FWDs are chrome) I never use regular shift on my FWDs always heal shifter.. previous owner welded it on and it was a superb MOD!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Your one of those guys that really needs to try one, but as much as I hate to say it the corbrick seat may be better suited for you as its wider in the passenger seat. As for the height of the rear Maxgasser, its probably better for her because it increases the distance to the pegs for her and puts her higher then you. That tall passenger seat is also the drivers back support.

LOL - You're not making the decision any easier...

We bought the bike to put behind the motorhome for transportation when camping, so I wasn't concerned with seat comfort.

But lo and behold the first warm day this spring and we're out riding with friends 200 miles in a day. It sounds like highway pegs might solve my problem, give me the ability to move around, but it's my wife I'm more concerned about.

delkevic makes new engine gaurds/highway pegs there around 120 shipped if you order from there website. Ebay there like 150 -160.

delkevic makes new engine gaurds/highway pegs there around 120 shipped if you order from there website. Ebay there like 150 -160.

So you just install the crash guards and use them as highway pegs, or do you add highway pegs to the crash bars afterwards?

Wolffmann34,
when I had my 06, I just used the crash guards as my foot rest when cruising. Worked great for me. You can always add pegs later if needed.

My son rode with me this weekend and he said the maxgasser was tons more comfortable for the passenger. He is growing almost teenager, about 5'3". As I said before it wasn't a long ride but definitely long enough to see the significant difference from stock seat.

We have modified OEM guards with built in pegs that duplicate the rear passenger pegs. Very clean install and look.

Sean

So you just install the crash guards and use them as highway pegs, or do you add highway pegs to the crash bars afterwards?

I just used crash bars. You can add pefs to them to bring your legs a little bit farther away if needed. Like sean has. I've also seen pegs that mount where the crash bars mount that are just pegs. I look possibly more comfotable for us taller people because where you rest your feet are a little lower than crash bars.. I know I've seen I think pat max had a set of FWD controls forsale but may have sold them.. I also modified stock pegs to fit with my FWD controls so I can have an alternate position of resting for my feet

Latest posts

Back