Best rear tyre for 17" UFO wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a 17", 5 1/2" wide, which I believe to be the same size wheel, I use a 180/55/17 Metzler Z6 interact. A 190 would fit fine too.
Steve-o

will the 190 look much wider than the 180?
will the 180 ride better than the 190?
what's the cost difference?

sorry,not trying to steal the topic but i am in the process of converting to 17" and need to legalize one size in the bike registration(to run legal on the road)

I've got a 190/50/17 Pilot Road 3 that I'd let go for $75 and shipping. It's on my 5.5" rear wheel right now.

If it's the 6.25" wheel you're not going to gain much by going smaller. The 190 will actually be slightly smaller then recommended on that width though it should work fine. The 190 is the section width in MM (though rarely the true size).

Sean

Yeah..its the 6.25" mate.
I'll stick with the 200 tyre.
631mm Diameter compared to 651mm stock.
There might be an online calc that I can use to check effect on gearing.
Might look at fatter front to compliment it.

Yeah..its the 6.25" mate.
I'll stick with the 200 tyre.
631mm Diameter compared to 651mm stock.
There might be an online calc that I can use to check effect on gearing.
Might look at fatter front to compliment it.

Who makes a good 130/17 radial? I'd like to go wider next tire change. My front rim is wider than stock. Since the Metzler's are now made in China, I'm looking around for different brands.

Who makes a good 130/17 radial? I'd like to go wider next tire change. My front rim is wider than stock. Since the Metzler's are now made in China, I'm looking around for different brands.

I installed a set of Metzler 880's (1 x METZELER ME880 MARATHON 120/70ZR-18 $151.25/ 1 x METZELER ME880 XXL 200/50ZR-18 $188.74) before my ride to Newfoundland which were stamped "Made in Germany" on the sidewall of both front and back tire. They were purchased in March from American Motorcycle Tire.
Off topic info, my trip to Newfoundland ride covered about 5500 miles, the Metzler front tire has cupped but still rideable for this year and the rear tire has a 2" - 2.5" flatspot down the middle (200 width tire). I was running with a full touring setup so extra weight was a factor in this wear.
38.jpg

I installed a set of Metzler 880's (1 x METZELER ME880 MARATHON 120/70ZR-18 $151.25/ 1 x METZELER ME880 XXL 200/50ZR-18 $188.74) before my ride to Newfoundland which were stamped "Made in Germany" on the sidewall of both front and back tire. They were purchased in March from American Motorcycle Tire.
Off topic info, my trip to Newfoundland ride covered about 5500 miles, the Metzler front tire has cupped but still rideable for this year and the rear tire has a 2" - 2.5" flatspot down the middle (200 width tire). I was running with a full touring setup so extra weight was a factor in this wear.
View attachment 54416

I fear new stock is coming from China now, for Metzler. Maybe just the interacts? It might be time for a change though I've been using Metzlers for a long time.

Back