A big thank you to a good guy!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
This goes out to my friend Jon, AKA blaxmax. Over the last few months, he has become a friend. I've had a few problems with the Max, and he very kindly sent me parts to diagnose/fix the problem on more than one occasion. For free, because that's what friends do. I know there were personality conflicts between Jon and other members leading to his being banned. I'm not taking sides, but I feel it is totally appropriate to state my opinion that Jon is a heads up guy, willing to help someone in need. He was an asset to the forum, and is missed, at least by me.
A good guy!

This goes out to my friend Jon, AKA blaxmax. Over the last few months, he has become a friend. I've had a few problems with the Max, and he very kindly sent me parts to diagnose/fix the problem on more than one occasion. For free, because that's what friends do. I know there were personality conflicts between Jon and other members leading to his being banned. I'm not taking sides, but I feel it is totally appropriate to state my opinion that Jon is a heads up guy, willing to help someone in need. He was an asset to the forum, and is missed, at least by me.
A good guy!

I agree Bill 100%

I love this place and will be here for many years to come,unfortunately not many Gen 2 guys here but hope there will be.

I edited my post after thinking but my original post is included in people who quoted me, I want to focus on this forum.

Last edited:
He was banned because he could not stop provoking other members on here, even after numerous warnings to stop. I think we run a pretty fair forum here, and if you are asked to stop something multiple times.....well enough is enough.
I agree Bill 100% I had my issue with people who followed me over from starvmax.com and we had some issues for a short time. The name seems familiar but I can't remember if I have ever communicated with him, if I have and he was one of the guys that I had issues with that dated back to starvmax forum, then I say let's put the past in the rearview mirror and forget about what happened.

If he got banned due to the issues I had with those guy I openly ask Gary to please allow him back in this forum.

I love this place and will be here for many years to come,unfortunately not many Gen 2 guys here so I would love to get back in as a member of starvmax but I know the chances are fair to none. Please let blaxmax back in as a member and let's all try to get along like we have for many years until the issues last spring.

If it wasn't me that was part of the reason he was banned I still ask to have him reinstated.
Ron

He was banned because he could not stop provoking other members on here, even after numerous warnings to stop. I think we run a pretty fair forum here, and if you are asked to stop something multiple times.....well enough is enough.

At the risk of getting banned myself i told him about this post and he said he was tired of getting stalked on other sites and was tired of getting harassed.

I'm no honey bee but what i think overall is that some people should grow some thick skin and be able to take a criticism. I had my share of grudge in the past for stupid reasons and all comes down to basic education. Anyone can share an opinion as long as it remains civilized and with no personal attacks and/or rudeness. Oh by the way I love you all... Peace...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I understand that, I made wrong decisions and got myself banned in the other forum. I think people may do some thinking after being banned.

The best and smartest people in the Vmax community have been banned from Vmax forums, not here as far as I know, if they were not let back in a lot of people would lose that experience we all come here for.

A person can be banned again if they cause problems after being given a second chance. I admit I am bias because I made mistakes I wish I never made.

As long as this forum stays a nice place to come as it is and always been, I am OK with whatever the decisions the forum Admin make.

I don't really care what takes place on other sites, its when the harassing comes here to this site. If he was harassed on other sites, he should have retaliated on the other site, not here, and not after being warned and given time off for it.
At the risk of getting banned myself i told him about this post and he said he was tired of getting stalked on other sites and was tired of getting harassed.

I have no dog in this fight but I have been an admin on another forum (non motorcycle related) and it's a shame that grown men act like babies sometimes. I have never banned anyone directly but have given out MANY "second chances" to folks that ultimately ended up getting the boot. I have found that once the damage is done, it's done and rarely is there a happy ending. Sometimes it is for the best to lick wounds and move on.

A year ago I was involved in a prolonged hateful situation with another member of this forum, who shall remain nameless. This did carry over to another forum, from which I was banned, and remain so. I nearly got tossed out here, in fact I can't believe I didn't, as the hatred I felt at the time led me to a dark place. I was able to come out of it and decided I needed to stay part of this community more than I needed to harass this other person. So, I dropped it. I come to this place to talk VMax, and chat with friends. The betrayal will always be there, as will the total lack of trust towards this person... But hate? Nope. No time for that any more. No more threats, no more swearing. No more attempts to humiliate this person. Someone here told me carrying hate is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die. Good advice, and I've learned to follow it. Kathy and I are going down to Thunder this year with no agenda but to see a lot of friends, drink maybe a beer or two (yeah, right!), ride the Max, and have a good time. And that's all.

Several... If I had a beer for all the fine supportive friends I've got here, I'd drown in beer! You're a good friend, Casey!

Several... If I had a beer for all the fine supportive friends I've got here, I'd drown in beer! You're a good friend, Casey!

I am glad you are on this forum you have helped me a lot, I consider you a friend. Like Casey said, it would be nice to ride with you someday.

With the distance between us, one of us might have to pull a trailer with our
Vmax (s) on it. I hope someday we work something out to ride together.

Being retired, I definitely have time for a road trip. Lot of summer left!

We're still in spring arent we?!?

"Lot of summer left" implies that we dont have ALL of it left!

I'm planning on going to the IL rally, 90% I'll be there. I hate not going to Thunder but since I left Seattle I lost my ability to negotiate congested localities without high levels of anxiety. If I cant see the edge of town/escape route from where I'm at I get pretty uncomfortable and whiny haha. I need to know that I'm <10 minutes from the open road at almost all times.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the Venture now, that thing is like riding a Lazy Boy down the highway, I hope my Vmax brethren will forgive me for cheating and not riding Maxine on the several thousand mile trips that will bring me to meetings. I'll be taking several long tours, during which I hope to meet some of the good folks here. :cheers:

Nothing wrong with riding a more comfortable machine if ya gotta burn a lot of miles to get somewhere. I've ridden my Roadstar to Thunder more often than the Max. Then when I get surrounded by a few dozen Maxes at the Days Inn, I spend the rest of the weekend bitching that I rode the wrong bike. No bike is the wrong bike if it gets you to where your friends are..

Latest posts

Back