What 2-way Comms are out there?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Was thinking of 2-way communications.
Motorola and throat mics.

Wanted to ask the hive what their recommendations/takes on 2-way comm devices, and especially throat mics.

I have a scale rider g9x that works well for me. I think it supports up to 16 riders at once but I have only ever paired 4 or 5 at once.

My wife has a built-in 40-channel CB on her GW trike, so I got a hand-held CB, made a mount for it, and I use an IMC in-helmet headset from Sierra Electronics with a boom mike that fits under my flip face helmet. Works great, and we can talk with each other, and get road/traffic/weather/cop info from truckers.

My wife has a built-in 40-channel CB on her GW trike, so I got a hand-held CB, made a mount for it, and I use an IMC in-helmet headset from Sierra Electronics with a boom mike that fits under my flip face helmet. Works great, and we can talk with each other, and get road/traffic/weather/cop info from truckers.

I have to admit, I didn't think of CB, and I'm all about CB. For some reason I've been thinking of proprietary setups like Chatterbox.

I also find that people tend to use boom mics, in helmets. I would have thought that throat mics would be superior and cancel out any wind noise. Upon review, it seems that the clarity of throat mics has been hyped up by Hollywood. Sort of sounds like a Fisher Price walkie-talkie.

Anyone have any input on mic devices as well?

stock-photo-tin-can-phone-with-heart-shape-in-wire-92773804.jpg

:)

I use Sena headsets as well. The price is right and the noise-cancelling mikes work like a champ. I have a full-face and my dad has an open face. Even with our (very) loud bikes we can talk without issue.

Back