Front Coil Access - Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
I wanted to change the spark plug wires and caps on my 1994 and while the back as easy, the front are a pain. I'm attempting to remove or at lease slide the electronics tray enough to access the coils but I can only pull it out so far. Any tips or hints would be helpful. :bang head:

Doug

Another question, attached to the bottom of the electronics tray is a device that looks like it has something to do with vacuum but I have not idea what it is. It seems to be what is holding me up from getting access to the coils. I have no idea how to set around removing it. Help.

The vacume runs down to the front left cylinder you should just be able to undoe it. I usually just pull the scoops & pull the rubber part down & stick my hands in from the side & unscrew the coil cap of course I usually have it up on a lift where I can kind off see in there & go by feel a little bit. Call me if you need to 813-270-0000

Another question, attached to the bottom of the electronics tray is a device that looks like it has something to do with vacuum but I have not idea what it is. It seems to be what is holding me up from getting access to the coils. I have no idea how to set around removing it. Help.

That should be the map sensor for the Vboost. There are 2 bolts that hold it in...but the are actually screwed in upside down.

Thanks Captain Kyle for your encouragement. You were correct in that it's a pain and after a few cuts and scrapes I was able to get it done. I think next time I'll go for COPS:rofl_200:, Got it all put back together and he (Thor) still runs, time for a quick test ride.

Thanks again to this great forum.

Doug

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back