" Fuel Light Came On But Bike Never Died "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting 100 miles no light and worse case 3 gal most of the time 2.5-2.7 thats usually at 75-80 mph. sgt 7 open vboost and a kerker. i have gotten 40+ a lot when i keep my self from twisting the grip too many times but thats like telling a race horse to slow down.

It's stock 1200cc. Commuting is 30 miles round trip with 90% being 50-60 mph interstate travel. If I'm having fun with a particular tank of gas I get 33-36 mpg.

i have a 1300cc engine high-compresion pistons main jet in the stock carbs 172. i am thinking of sean's jet kit before going to fcr's or efi. if i gain good hp maybe not going to other carbs.

dont bother with efi if you want fuel milage, sounds like guys are having all kinds of issues, if for power and stuff then cool.

stock jets i think are 152.5 mikuni's. maybe with your mod cc you need more i guess

It Must Have Just Come On Right Before I Looked ! ... 2 Years Ago I Went Even Further And It Took The Same Amount Of Gas ! ... Read the first post in this link ! ... http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=4728 ... WHAT A WEIRD COINCIDENCE , 2 YEARS AGO MY FUEL LIGHT CAME ON RIGHT AT 137 MILES ! ... THE SAME THAT WAS ON IT THIS TIME WHEN I LOOKED ! ... :confused2:

YOU GUY'S WERE RIGHT , I WENT RIDING YESTERDAY , FUEL LIGHT CAME ON & I WENT 2.5 MILES MORE AFTER I NOTICED IT & THE BIKE STARTED TO SPUTTER & DIE , SO I CLICKED IT OVER ONTO RESERVE AND FILLED IT UP WHEN I GOT HOME ! .. SO AT LEAST I NO THAT ITS WORKING ! .. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR IN-PUT ! .. :punk:

Glad you discovered it was working OK.

On my '07 Max, I was riding one afternoon close to home, and the fuel light came on, and as predicted, the bike began to sputter. However, flipping to reserve made no difference. Bike died, and I coasted to the side of the road and called for help (gas). :bang head:

Since this was the third time I had been marooned in the year or so that I had owned it (all electrical issues), I gassed it up and traded it off for the BKing. Not exactly sure what the issue was with the fuel reserve (switch?), but that bike had gremlins, man.

Glad you discovered it was working OK.

On my '07 Max, I was riding one afternoon close to home, and the fuel light came on, and as predicted, the bike began to sputter. However, flipping to reserve made no difference. Bike died, and I coasted to the side of the road and called for help (gas). :bang head:

Since this was the third time I had been marooned in the year or so that I had owned it (all electrical issues), I gassed it up and traded it off for the BKing. Not exactly sure what the issue was with the fuel reserve (switch?), but that bike had gremlins, man.
THAT SUCKS ! . :bang head:

Latest posts

Back