Anyone have a Givi a123 windscreen?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyg-5386

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone use a Givi a123 windscreen? I have the stock windshield that I'm not crazy about as far as looks and buffeting and I also have a flyscreen which is nice looking but does nothing as far as wind protection. I just want to know who has the Givi a123 and some opinions on it. I am talking about the one below. Thanks.

http://www.compacc.com/p/Givi-A123-...0-2009?zmam=51521535 zmas=2 zmac=51 zmap=A123

I have had a Givi Airstars A123 for over 20k miles and I like the protection that it affords. I live in a area that has a lot of bugs so I feel that a windscreen of some sorts is essential.
The Givi takes the wind off the chest area and mid way up my faceshield. I still get bugs hitting my faceshield, outer shoulders/ arms but it's a lot less than would be w/o the Givi. I do get some buffeting with the helmet but for me it's not that bad and if you wear earplugs/ headset you'll barely notice it. The buffeting is not bad enough to cause helmet movement or neck fatigue.

I have the Givi on my Max, anything larger just doesn't look right in my opinion, it keeps the wind off my chest but the downside is that it is now directed to the helmet area, I'm 6' and wear a full face and am willing to live with the tradeoff...................Tom.

I have all Sport Shields on my bikes but this Givi A123 really looks nice.
I use the larger screens because I once was hit by a bird, right in the middle
of my chest while in an 80 mph curve. Not a fun few seconds followed...

Thanks for the fast replies guys. I appreciate it. I too was struck by a bird last year doing 75mph. It bounced right off me and kept flying. It freaked me out a bit but the bird made it out ok and so did I. I think I will try the Givi screen. I can always sell it if I don't like it. I hope eveyone has a happy and safe 4th of July.

I'm 5' 8'' and mine fits me well, just enough to get the wind off my chest and still maintain good looks. Over 5000 miles behind it.....

Hi Guys,

Does anyone use a Givi a123 windscreen? I have the stock windshield that I'm not crazy about as far as looks and buffeting and I also have a flyscreen which is nice looking but does nothing as far as wind protection. I just want to know who has the Givi a123 and some opinions on it. I am talking about the one below. Thanks.

http://www.compacc.com/p/Givi-A123-...0-2009?zmam=51521535 zmas=2 zmac=51 zmap=A123
I like mine ,but I also prefer the look without it. Its one of those Items you cant live without untill you have one then your not sure.:worthy:

5"10 myself. Its creates a pocket up to around mid face for me. I too like the looks better without it in my opinion. But the wind/rain protection are what keeps it on my bike. That and its not bad looking at all, just looks a little better to me without it.
Regards,
R

It's bigger than the mini flyscreen. I used to have one, and have the flyscreen now. I'd totally trade you if you get one and think it's too big. Not that I don't like the OEM one...

Back