$500 Dollar VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Pulled out of a barn in East Texas, was on Craigslist for a couple days, went out there tonight and stole it for 500 bucks. Here's the best part, we were "stuck" on 500/600, I asked him if he had ever watched American Pickers? He was like, oh yea, all the time. So I said, I'll flip you for the last 100, he said AGREED! Well, sure enough, I won!!! Icing on the cake, bike has been off the road for about 10 years, will need alot to get it going, but if the engine/tranny is solid, I'll probably bring her back to life. Has a Kerker slip-on in excellent condition that is probably worth what I paid for the bike. It's an 86 with 10K original miles, factory paint in average shape, needs tires, hydraulics, battery, yada yada yada. Oh well, couldn't lose at that price, here's a pic! Enjoy!

:punk:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2662683725.html

002-44.jpg

I'll double you up on it!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Nice find! :clapping::clapping:

Looks to be lots of 85 parts there??????? Very Cool Find. You rank with CaptainKyle for finding and acquiring this,,, One.... :clapping:

Those scoops and side covers alone are worth more than you paid! Good find! As others have noted, its probably a 1985 model judging by the side covers and pegs. Whats the build date and last numbers of the VIN?

now why cant I find that kinda deal? :(
almost doesnt matter how much goin thru that needs..thats a deal.
im jealous.as if u didnt notice.
congrats on the score though.

New tires- $400 installed
New battery- $120 for an Odyssey
Hyd. lines(might as well replace with SS) and cylinder rebuild(if necessary).....$250
Carb rebuild....what is it, like $50x4 for the kits? Could potentially get away with a can of seafoam, or a take-apart cleaning. My Nighthawk sat for like 6 years and I got away with just a cleaning, didn't actually use rebuild kits and it ran like a dream afterwards.

So even with those "worst case" numbers, you'd have a complete road ready Max for around $1500....that's nothing to sneeze at. Give 'er the old spit 'n polish and you could probably make a tidy profit on a resale.

Well, it definitely looks better in pics than it does in person, it was actually REALLY dirty when I got it, I took it to the car wash last night, rinsed it off, and then just dried it off with a towel. One other caveat, I didn't get a title, but that's no biggy for me. I can get one down here in Texas for about a 100 bucks, I've done it a dozen times. So, that being said, maybe it IS an 85? I will check the frame neck tonight! I thought this bike would be GONE as soon as it hit Cracklist, but it sat out there with no price for several days, I had emailed him back and forth and he started out a grand, and at one point, told me to show up at 5:00 p.m., because he had like 4 other people interested in it, and was going to sell it to the highest bidder! I politely declined to be ANY part of that monkey business, and told him to email me back the next day if the deal fell through. Well, apparently it did, nobody showed up, so I told him last night I'd be there in an hour with cash and trailer, and now she's mine! Will keep ya'll updated as to the progress!

Latest posts

Back