VMF Roadside Assistence

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I think this is a somple solution until everyone has access to a link for the program. If everyone that wants to participate just edits their signiture in the USER CP section we'll be up and running. Just include the information you're comfortable giving. I've included my cell phone number, but again you need not.
This is a free program for members of this site. I hope all can participate in some form.
Even just being available for tech advice for a stuck Brother on the road. Sometimes it's hard to think when traffic is blasting by and your all alone. Been there.
Thanks,
Steve-o

Last edited:
I cant access that?Dont know why?But i have a truck,a couple of spare rooms,Grub beer ect.If i can help,I would be more than happy too.

It may be helpful if everyone that want to be in this program sets aside a place on their profile as to what you have to offer the traveler coming through your area.
One thing nice in Michigan is that everything shipped via UPS is delivered next day so parts could be to a stranded rider very quickly from any MIVMF members.
Another idea would be to borrow from the VMOA regional setup, grouping local states so as to faciltate an easy way to find somebody where you need services. You could print off the region you'll be traveling in or it would make searching easier for somebody when you need help.

Below is a example of possible sevices that might be offered:
P - Pickup/ Trailer (or other bike moving method)
T - Tools
W - Workspace
C - Camping
B - Room (or bed/couch/etc)
F - Food/ beverages
R - Ride partner
G - Directions/ guide to local attractions/ resturants/ etc.

Very cool idea. This is something I am sometimes concerned with when several hundred miles from home on a 19 year old bike.

I have a truck, trailer set up for hauling bikes, tools and even a spare room if you promise not to creep on my wife and 2 daughters! I'll post my info for sure when the link is up.

Below is a example of possible sevices that might be offered:
P - Pickup/ Trailer (or other bike moving method)
T - Tools
W - Workspace
C - Camping
B - Room (or bed/couch/etc)
F - Food/ beverages
R - Ride partner
G - Directions/ guide to local attractions/ resturants/ etc.

Great idea Brian. I updated my signature to include your suggestion.

Thursday my alternator in my Jeep decided to die in the middle of nowhere. It was like 12 degrees out. I called Mark mckzx9 because he lives a couple of exits away from where I was stuck. Mark wasn't home, and was in fact taking care of a very important family matter. I have AAA and called them in case I needed a tow. Mark insisted he would grab a few tools and drive from a good distance to help me out. We got enough juice in my battery to get me off the highway, and then had to jump my battery again. My Brother got me to Auto Zone, a garage to swap out the alternator and a warm spot for me to wait for the wife to pick me up. I don't know what happened to AAA? I'm sure they were busy. Mark is never too busy to help out anyone. You know you have a Bro when you know Mark. His heart is bigger than his Biceps. This is just one reason why the Nice Guy Award is being requested. There are many other reasons too.

Steve-o

This is an excellent idea. I have been stranded with no help late at night and a rod knocking in the middle of nowhere. Luckily the motor held together for another 200 miles! Don't want to have to do that again!

Is there anyplace on this forum to see where someone is located? That way if your stranded somewhere...you know who is in the area that can help?

There is not a database on here that sorts members by location. The VMOA has a listing of all the members but that is only available to members.
I think if we were to do a database it should be that the user has to opt in in order to see the list but maybe Buster has a module he could add to do this. Maybe one of the others may have some suggestions on how we could accomplish this while maintaining some privacy from the general internet. I guess we should have some sort of standard for members too, since we don't want a member to have access to our info without some sort of standard level of security measures.
I'm just throwing out ideas/ thoughts off the top of my head. Tell us what you think.

Thats not a bad idea.....certain criteria for being an active member in good standing to have access to that area....and then say give out cell phones, and maybe email address' so that way its YOUR choice to give out your home address or to give assistance.

Just a thought...

Eric

Here is a direct link to the form, if you want to fill one out.
Thanks Gary, that should put this together nicely.
Cool! Done and done. I have a feeling this will end up being a useful tool for many of us.
No doubt, might aid in some route planning to visit forum members along the way to your destination.

Latest posts

Back