Replaced my clutch and cleaned the carbs ride... A Vmax ride.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
With the double d clutch and carbs cleaned I took it for a quick ride yesterday. With that super hard Exceddra tire on it, it spins easily from a 5 mph roll. I was able to pull the front end up high in 1st gear, but not in 2nd gear. I never clutch up my bikes, just pure power.

But end result of doing the work, the bike feels strong and solid. Now to just address that weak sounding factory exhaust.... hopefully next week that will be rectified.

I ended up taking the bike down to a area that I can usually do a couple of hits and take off without having any authority issues. Besides it was Sunday afternoon. Its an industrial area. No one is working.

So I lined it up down the street and from a 10 mph roll hit the throttle and feather the clutch and little and I got it to spin all the way through 1st gear easily. So I take it up to about 70 mph and slow down, turn around and head back to the launch area. I see a nice asphalt scrub of where I launched it, but no rubber left down... hate these tires. So I decide to do it again. The bike gets a little sideways and spins good again and takes off. I don't go fast, just maybe 55 mph, which is the posted speed. I come to the corner of the street and right as I am stopping one of the local PD's rolling by ( I am heading east, they are heading south ). I think to myself. There are NO cars around, he had to have heard me and since I am the only one around.... he keeps rolling. Besides without seeing me, nothing he can really do.

So on my way back to my shop, I am thinking to myself, this is one reason I like the Vmax. Its not too powerful, but powerful enough that you can have fun on it without it getting out of hand quickly or in trouble. It revs like a lazy hound dog, but has some low end grunt that makes it fun.

So as I head out for the day, I think I ll take the Vmax, but then I think its going to be cold and I would rather have the fairing of the 14. So I take the 14. And glad I did.

I hop on the 14 and take off down the road and think to myself as I start my small journey. The shifter shifts, no notchy hard feeling, the clutch pull is like a 18 year old girls boobs, nice and soft to squeeze, the brakes, whoa power like you can't imagine, the comfort riding position, like sitting in a lazy boy.

Its at that moment I realize, I need to test ride another Gen 2 Vmax LOL. I realize that I love the raw brute feeling of the Gen 1 Vmax, but the refined everything on the 14 makes me think that a Gen 2 Vmax would be another nice addition to the family.

Then I go on my way and proceed to snot the clutch on my 14 LOL. which at 42,000 miles, I am ok with. The gen 1 Vmax only lasted 30,000 miles. So two clutches in a couple weeks. What a coincidence. But I ride 175 miles on the clutch being bad. On my way home a Z06 Vette is on the highway next to me. I think, great the time I am going to run a Vette I have no clutch. Luckily it never happened.

My clutch is on order for the 14. Hopefully in time for MIS run on May 9th. If not I ll have to take the Vmax I guess.

Back