Launch Control....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be doing this to mine. Not 100% sure, since its more of a street bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ygp_x_7nfo

This would be a cool option for a Gen 2 also. A cool 2 step for a gen 1 would be fun at the track also. Its a pain trying to hold 4200 rpm to launch.

Would be sweet as hell if this could be offered with a complete EFI setup for the 1st Gen Max. I guess one of the biggest roadblocks in converting the 1st Gen to EFI is the need for a cam position sensor. Too bad that the CPS function could not be done by running off the ignition...

If you do this, I expect vids! XD

This is a simple ECU flash ( on the 14 ) and runs $200..... downfall is you can't adjust it personally like you can a PCV. But its alot cheaper.

I guess if its an all out drag only bike, then the adjust-ability would be nice. But for a basic bike like mine I could set it as say 4200 and call it a day. If I gain a .01 from raising or lowering a rpm point then its not worth it to me. Gain .2 from adjusting, and yes that would be worth it. But again since this isn't a drag bike, I just think the option of having a 2 step setup would be cool.

It would be fun on the vmax I think if I was really racing it. For a fun screw around bike I would never put it on there.

The 14 on the other hand, its just too monsterous on a swb to run it full on out of the hole. The stutter would be nice and make it alot more consistent. Plus Sebastian's setup shown above limits full power for a set amount of time so you can throw the throttle and let the clutch out without going full stupid.

Dynojet powercommander V ignition module add-on is already available for our Gen II's. All it takes is 1st, to have the PCV already on the bike, whether or not you are using it to adjust any fuel, and then to add their ignition module #6-100 @ $359.95 to the bike.
http://www.powercommander.com/power...nModule/powercommander_v_ignition_module.aspx

I'd sorely like to try one out.

Well, I would still need injector throttle bodies of the appropriate size to replace the carburetors...
The 1st and 2nd gen bikes have the same V angle and firing order?

Back