A

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Joy ( some say curse ) of the V-max world. And I'll get it out of the way now, Sync those carbs.

Matt

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking bike, that exhaust looks loud :)

nice bike welcome, you should post a vid of that Hindle, welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum....there are GREAT people here, that can answer ANY question that you have.

Welcome to the forum! Anything you'll ever need to know or do to a Vmax you can find here.

It might be the can.....Ive heard another 14 inch hindle "street" can......and it was very quiet. Hindle does make some competition cans that are supposed to be on par with the Kerker 4-1 competition cans.

I've only been riding a Max since 85 and have yet to add an 05 to the stable. You started off at the top of the mountain you lucky dog. Stay tuned to this Forum. If it were around early for me, I could have saved thousands and hundreds of hours trying to figure it out on my own.

Welcome to the wild world of V-Max :) That muffler is a monster. First time in my recollection that I've seen a Hindle that big but hey, if it does it's job whats to worry about ?

Chris.

I like my hindle. It's the one with the crappy pipe routing, but whatever.

Welcome to the board. People here know way to much, and are always willing to help.

Nice bike! Welcome to the addiction centre!
I have an 06 with a Carbon fibre Hindle 18" Stealth baffle. Yup, it isn't as loud as the Kerker 4-1, especially if the Kerker has a competition baffle installed. My bros has that.
What I like about the Hindle is that I was able to retain my centre stand mounts. With the Kerker, you're required to cut the centre stand mounts off for installation. In fact you can even ride with the centre stand on the Hindle, but it looks funny on the shaft side as a black bull horn foot pivot sticks up. In my opinion, Hindle did a far sexier job with the anaconda coiling of the rear two exhausts. From what has been posted with Kerker or Hindle and a stage 7 jet kit, the Kerker "should" tune better and thus produce more hp than the Hindle. BUT, for looks, the Carbon Fibre with the old school turned down end tip with the 18" length looks Hot Rod Cool. The tip parallels the angle of the tail light mucho bueno! Incidentally Hindle no longer makes this style of muffler, only in the Euro style tip. I find this doesn't always suit the VMAX Gen 1 dated look.
I've also cut down another 18" Carbon Fibre Hindle with the same exhaust tip to 14" and used a Super Sport baffle internally. It is quite a bit louder on the top end, but I find at idle and just off the line lower rumble of the 18" more appealing.

Nice bike! Welcome to the addiction centre!
I have an 06 with a Carbon fibre Hindle 18" Stealth baffle. Yup, it isn't as loud as the Kerker 4-1, especially if the Kerker has a competition baffle installed. My bros has that.
What I like about the Hindle is that I was able to retain my centre stand mounts. With the Kerker, you're required to cut the centre stand mounts off for installation. In fact you can even ride with the centre stand on the Hindle, but it looks funny on the shaft side as a black bull horn foot pivot sticks up. In my opinion, Hindle did a far sexier job with the anaconda coiling of the rear two exhausts. From what has been posted with Kerker or Hindle and a stage 7 jet kit, the Kerker "should" tune better and thus produce more hp than the Hindle. BUT, for looks, the Carbon Fibre with the old school turned down end tip with the 18" length looks Hot Rod Cool. The tip parallels the angle of the tail light mucho bueno! Incidentally Hindle no longer makes this style of muffler, only in the Euro style tip. I find this doesn't always suit the VMAX Gen 1 dated look.
I've also cut down another 18" Carbon Fibre Hindle with the same exhaust tip to 14" and used a Super Sport baffle internally. It is quite a bit louder on the top end, but I find at idle and just off the line lower rumble of the 18" more appealing.

Hindle looks a bit long on your great looking V-Max. You can cut it down a bit , or a lot , and repack it for some more music as they say.
True , you lose the center stand with a Kerker system , but you also lose a lot of un-necessary weight as well. That stand is heavier than you think and un-sightly as well , if you can see it. I use a bike lift from Sears or race bike stands if I need to get the wheels off the ground.

I think C.F. cans ( or single can ) looks great on a Gen I weather it's short or normal length.

Here's a pic of both together , a single shot of my shortened C.F. Kerker 4-1 system and a shot of my standard length dual ( rare ) HMF 4-2 system with CF cans.

Attachments

• VMax '90 & '98   5.jpg
    VMax '90 & '98 5.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Group 3   5-28-12 024.jpg
    Group 3 5-28-12 024.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Group 3   5-28-12 589.jpg
    Group 3 5-28-12 589.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 13
Back