Carb sync tool for less than $25

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate impulse buying but I don't soorry didn't have one .Do now though .I will lte you know how it goes in a week or two.Cheers Kevman

i'd definitely be interested to see how well it works. let us know the results i may pick one up for that price!

I thought I might prod this thread back to life.

This is a picture of the UNIVERSAL MOTORCYCLE CARB BALANCER VACUUM GAUGE TOOL.

You can find it on Ebay (for the moment) as item number 230337257532 or just search on "UNIVERSAL MOTORCYCLE CARB BALANCER VACUUM GAUGE TOOL".

I bought this one about the same time that this thread first appeared and have been using it for some months now.

Does it work? YES, ABSOLUTELY.

How Does it Work?

This is what the 'sales blurb' says and from my experience, that's exactly what it does.

"Amazingly simple, yet incredibly accurate Motorcycle Carb Balancer. This incredibly simple device will synch your bikes carbs like no other balancer , with "pinpoint accuracy" for a fraction of the cost of some balancers.
Certain tradesmens tools rely on nature to help find a certain accuracy, for example a plumb line and bob will always show a true vertical line. A spirit level simply cannot lie. This carb balancer uses gravity in a similar manner to show a true centre, this is why it is so accurate.

Other balancers often costing far more usually compare the vacuum readings of the different carbs against each other and can sometimes be difficult to decipher, this carb balancer is totally different, as it compares the vacuum readings with a known truthful centre, namely "gravity."

Inside the balancer are two tiny balls, one of these balls has the sole job of telling you nature's centre via gravity, the other ball is influenced by the vacuums taken from two carbs at any one time. If the two carbs are working in harmony the two balls will align, if not the lower ball will move to one side. This ball will move to one side as the excessive vacuum from one cylinder will pull it uphill defying gravities attempt to return to the centre. Simply turn the screw on you bike's carbs to align the two balls and synch your carbs, its as easy as that!

This amazing Carb Balancer can synchronise 2,3 and 4 cylinder bikes. Start with the base cylinder and any other carb, then subsequent carbs. The base cylinder is the carb with the throttle stop/tick over screw. This carb does not have a synchronisation screw, as the throttle stop screw is its only adjustment. Repeat the process to super synch your carbs.If your carbs are badly out of synch your engine will be under terrific extra strain as your pistons are working hard against each other, and not with each other, sapping vital power and fuel. No matter how much throttle you apply the weaker working cylinder will always lag behind, sapping the power from the harder working piston!

Synchronise your carbs to perfection on the other hand and you may notice an impressive improvement in power and performance.... Light, small, compact and packs a punch no other carb balancer could ever possibly give for a minimum cost. A totally amazing tool
! "

It's a good, cheap tool you can carry under your seat :punk:

Attachments

• universal carb balancer.jpg
    universal carb balancer.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 174
I thought I might prod this thread back to life.

This is a picture of the UNIVERSAL MOTORCYCLE CARB BALANCER VACUUM GAUGE TOOL.

You can find it on Ebay (for the moment) as item number 230337257532 or just search on "UNIVERSAL MOTORCYCLE CARB BALANCER VACUUM GAUGE TOOL".

I bought this one about the same time that this thread first appeared and have been using it for some months now.

Does it work? YES, ABSOLUTELY.

How Does it Work?

This is what the 'sales blurb' says and from my experience, that's exactly what it does.

"Amazingly simple, yet incredibly accurate Motorcycle Carb Balancer. This incredibly simple device will synch your bikes carbs like no other balancer , with "pinpoint accuracy" for a fraction of the cost of some balancers.
Certain tradesmens tools rely on nature to help find a certain accuracy, for example a plumb line and bob will always show a true vertical line. A spirit level simply cannot lie. This carb balancer uses gravity in a similar manner to show a true centre, this is why it is so accurate.

Other balancers often costing far more usually compare the vacuum readings of the different carbs against each other and can sometimes be difficult to decipher, this carb balancer is totally different, as it compares the vacuum readings with a known truthful centre, namely "gravity."

Inside the balancer are two tiny balls, one of these balls has the sole job of telling you nature's centre via gravity, the other ball is influenced by the vacuums taken from two carbs at any one time. If the two carbs are working in harmony the two balls will align, if not the lower ball will move to one side. This ball will move to one side as the excessive vacuum from one cylinder will pull it uphill defying gravities attempt to return to the centre. Simply turn the screw on you bike's carbs to align the two balls and synch your carbs, its as easy as that!

This amazing Carb Balancer can synchronise 2,3 and 4 cylinder bikes. Start with the base cylinder and any other carb, then subsequent carbs. The base cylinder is the carb with the throttle stop/tick over screw. This carb does not have a synchronisation screw, as the throttle stop screw is its only adjustment. Repeat the process to super synch your carbs.If your carbs are badly out of synch your engine will be under terrific extra strain as your pistons are working hard against each other, and not with each other, sapping vital power and fuel. No matter how much throttle you apply the weaker working cylinder will always lag behind, sapping the power from the harder working piston!

Synchronise your carbs to perfection on the other hand and you may notice an impressive improvement in power and performance.... Light, small, compact and packs a punch no other carb balancer could ever possibly give for a minimum cost. A totally amazing tool
! "

It's a good, cheap tool you can carry under your seat :punk:
\

awesome man... i think i'll pick one up actually. i will need one soon for a couple bikes here.

do you need any other adapters?

It comes with some adapters but I guess it depends on the carb you want to fit the tubes to. Adaptors can be bought very cheaply at auto accessory stores or you can make some.

The flex tube pictured goes straight onto the V-max vac inlets. e.g. if you where doing some Honda style CV's you would need screw in type adapters, which you could then leave in place.

I just like the idea of having it as part of the under-seat tool kit :clapping:

Very handy.

Great find.
For those that refuse to buy anything but the morgan carbtune, FYI. It is less than $100 to your door due to the exhange rate. That is including the case.:whistlin:

Re. Carbtune; I agree, with the current exchange rates it's just a smokin' deal. I ordered one last week.

It comes with some adapters but I guess it depends on the carb you want to fit the tubes to. Adaptors can be bought very cheaply at auto accessory stores or you can make some.

The flex tube pictured goes straight onto the V-max vac inlets. e.g. if you where doing some Honda style CV's you would need screw in type adapters, which you could then leave in place.

I just like the idea of having it as part of the under-seat tool kit :clapping:

Very handy.

thanks man. i got a 89 GS500 to do (2 carbs) then a 82 XJ750RJ (SECA) and the vmax....

the vmax is most important tho. an di'm sure friends will be borrowing it!

Great find.
For those that refuse to buy anything but the morgan carbtune, FYI. It is less than $100 to your door due to the exhange rate. That is including the case.:whistlin:

good deal.. thanks man!

Re. Carbtune; I agree, with the current exchange rates it's just a smokin' deal. I ordered one last week.

if i had known, i may have thought about it, but hey for $25 including shipping, and with Gleno's recommendation, i don't think i can go wrong here!

Jason and I made one out of two Sobe bottles and had less than 15 bones in it. I have a link somewhere on the site with how to build it. I've sync'd many a carb sets with it and it's dead nuts on.

Here's a bad pic. I thought somebody had made it a sticky in the carb section but I guess not.

carsynctool.jpg

Sobe bottles - Two
Rubber corks - Two
Clear fuel line

The transfer fuel line that goes from one bottle to the other must go to the bottom of each. The fuel tube that goes to the carb must only barely get passed the cork. Fill one bottle half full and dump half into the other bottle. Drill corks for a snug fit on the fuel tube and attatch. You sync one side, you sync the other side, then you sync the two sides together. :D

Jason and I made one out of two Sobe bottles and had less than 15 bones in it. I have a link somewhere on the site with how to build it. I've sync'd many a carb sets with it and it's dead nuts on.

You forgot to mention how it looks like my old bong I had in college :biglaugh:

Now log off and finish your bike, I'm anxious to see the finished ride :punk:

Haha yeah we laugh about the looks of it and get odd looks from people when we take it to another guys house to do a sync hahaha.

Check out the build thread. It's too cold out at the moment to paint, and it's 11pm. :D

Here's a bad pic. I thought somebody had made it a sticky in the carb section but I guess not.

Sobe bottles - Two
Rubber corks - Two
Clear fuel line

The transfer fuel line that goes from one bottle to the other must go to the bottom of each. The fuel tube that goes to the carb must only barely get passed the cork. Fill one bottle half full and dump half into the other bottle. Drill corks for a snug fit on the fuel tube and attatch. You sync one side, you sync the other side, then you sync the two sides together. :D

I like the design. Wouldn't there be a way to make a 4-way one with four bottles, so that all could be sync'd at once like with the usual more expensive designs?

I copied your Sobe Bottle Balancer (see pic) and it works really well.

I've now compared the results and both gadgets give you much the same result.

Both are very accurate. The Sobe Bottle Balancer being the most finely (very sensitive) adjustable.

I like the tube version because it fits under the seat with my tool kit.

Attachments

• tuner1.jpg
    tuner1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 142
I made this for about 12 bucks - some tubing, ATF & a piece of plywood. Syncs all 4 at once. Works great, just ask Uncle Philthy. There's an old thread somewhere with all the specifics.

Attachments

• carbsync.jpg
    carbsync.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 170
I can actually testify as to how good Rich's homemade sync 'tool' works...

He came to my rescue, after mine had a major malfuntion....and sucked all the merc in it through the engine...(quick easy way to polish valves n' ports)...

I was pretty amazed!... but to steal a quote from another member, "It kinda looks like a VMax on life support" when it's hooked up! But it damn sure works!

U P

Latest posts

Back