VMax fuel economy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Is 113 miles to reserve a good distance for a Max? I got to 132 before filling. I was riding 2-up, mostly highway, and visited VBoost only 3 or 4 times to get around strings of slow traffic. Otherwise it was a relaxed pace of 55-65 mph.

Blaine

Pretty solid at least in my experience . 38 mph sounds
pretty good allthough some say low 40's are possible
with'Seans jet kit.
Chris

Thanks for the reply. I am running mostly stock now except for the Holeshot 4-2 system. I had Sean's kit but removed it when I had thoughts of selling my bike in the spring. I'm using 155 mains, stock needles, K&N air filter, pilot jet screws out 3.5 turns, and the "Y" has been removed from the airbox. Any suggestions to improve would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaine

Thanks for the reply. I am running mostly stock now except for the Holeshot 4-2 system. I had Sean's kit but removed it when I had thoughts of selling my bike in the spring. I'm using 155 mains, stock needles, K&N air filter, pilot jet screws out 3.5 turns, and the "Y" has been removed from the airbox. Any suggestions to improve would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaine

Looks like good mileage to me.

I'm getting around the upper 30's in town and in the lower 40's on the highway.

• Vboost shut off on the highway
  • 150 mains
  • K&N
  • 1 Shim on the stock needles
  • Kerker 4-2-1 - 2" baffle
  • 440ft above sea level
  • Dyna 3000 - curve #4
  • A/F screws out around 2.75 average
  • "Y" shimmed 1/4"

Is 113 miles to reserve a good distance for a Max? I got to 132 before filling. I was riding 2-up, mostly highway, and visited VBoost only 3 or 4 times to get around strings of slow traffic. Otherwise it was a relaxed pace of 55-65 mph.

Blaine

That sounds pretty good compared to me. I'm on reserve from 90-100 miles and never make it past 120 total. That's typically city driving romping it up & down. I haven't done any all highway trips in awhile.

hmmm I have a hole shot 4-2 on mine with his stage 1 kit no Y . Yesterday I made a nice slow cruise through the hills and the light came on at 113. I was happy with that usualy when I go with my sport bike budies it is on a 102 to 104.

I am all stock, and was riding between 45-80 mph depending where I was at. I didn't have to switch to reserve until 127 miles.

I am all stock, and was riding between 45-80 mph depending where I was at. I didn't have to switch to reserve until 127 miles.

Wow. I guess that proves my gas milage sucks.......oh well.....I've never had so much fun getting crappy gas milage before!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Me too! I'll see if it the mileage gets better on a similar run without 2-up. Thanks for all the feedback.

Cheers!

Blaine

I took a 235 mile ride saturday with 5 other Vmax buddies and we ran from 65 to 115 mostly around 80 / 95 and I got 36 mpg, I thought that was good. 85 Vmax with ufo exhaust, Y removed and 152.5 mains.

Rhoy

i'll find out soon, last time i got 23mpg. but that was emptying the carb bowls 4 - 5 times and doing testing. hahah

Ok well I thought I was getting bad mpg due to shitty carbs. Got those re built and the same. This morning had to switch to reserve at 81 miles. Normal? I usually just ride to work which is honestly a crap ride. 10 miles lots of lights and stopping starting, I usually gun it a couple times but 80 means 26 mpg or so. Seems real low. We only have gas with ethanol down here which may make a difference, use seafoam every other tank though. Thinking about using texaco/chevron as it had techron, any ideas on that?

Thanks,
MG

Ok well I thought I was getting bad mpg due to shitty carbs. Got those re built and the same. This morning had to switch to reserve at 81 miles. Normal? I usually just ride to work which is honestly a crap ride. 10 miles lots of lights and stopping starting, I usually gun it a couple times but 80 means 26 mpg or so. Seems real low. We only have gas with ethanol down here which may make a difference, use seafoam every other tank though. Thinking about using texaco/chevron as it had techron, any ideas on that?

Thanks,
MG

MG. do a straight, stable highway ride, see what your highway MPGs are at. might give u a better idea if u truly are getting shitty mileage or if you are suffering from right wrist spasms.

MG. do a straight, stable highway ride, see what your highway MPGs are at. might give u a better idea if u truly are getting shitty mileage or if you are suffering from right wrist spasms.

seen as I have only put 1000 miles on the bike since getting it the spasms are high as I am still excited

Not sure about fuel Economy but I put 87 in for the first time (first time without seafoam for 87) and the bike ran like absolute shit. I have read all the threads and know their is not a difference and 87 gives you better hp but as soon as I put 93 back in (texaco - techron) ran sooooo much smoother. Weird

Since putting the Supertrapps on and riding mostly in town, all I can get from a tank is about 83 miles then the fuel light comes on.. Might try the OEM silencers again to see how much of a difference they make..

Back