Cruiser handling

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not quite as down on Vmax handling as many of my sport oriented peers, but bone stock there is plenty of room for improvement. I love the Vmax for what it is. I still have stock rims and bias ply tires. About all thats been done for handling is the stock height Progressive fork springs and motormounts. Of course making sure swingarm and head bearings are in good condition and properly adjusted helps. Now its really not bad at all. I carve canyons and bend the speed limit in the Black Hills all the time. Im not passing any GSXRs on the Needles but it works okay. I just didnt want to spend the scratch for full handling treatments when for less money I could buy outright an SV650 or something razor sharp right out of the box and shread the hills all day.

Im sure if I rode one with radials and forks I would be spending time he scratch! Ignorance is not only bliss, but in this case very affordable.:clapping:

Got new head bearings, Progressive front springs and rear shocks in Godzilla.. No complaints with handling at all. The Shinkos stick well, and last a long time.

I totally get what everyone is saying. I'm looking to eventually make the Vmax my only bike. The ape has been great but electrical problems have been its enemy. I've stayed away from cruisers because of their performance, but the max seems like a good middle ground. I understand it won't beat the Tuono around a track, but I want to make it as capable as possible.

Latest posts

Back