Grounding question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between the headlight relays, battery charger quick connects & an R1 regulator I've got 3 additional connections going directly to the battery terminal. Can any of these be ground to the frame instead of the battery? It's a bit of a pain to manage that jumble of wiring trying to get 4 eyelets lined up...especially with numb fingertips in the weather change.

Between the headlight relays, battery charger quick connects & an R1 regulator I've got 3 additional connections going directly to the battery terminal. Can any of these be ground to the frame instead of the battery? It's a bit of a pain to manage that jumble of wiring trying to get 4 eyelets lined up...especially with numb fingertips in the weather change.

That’s fine. The frame ground near the oil filler cap grounds to the battery so feel free to ground anywhere on the frame. Make sure no paint for best connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to getting the paint off, I usually try to spray my grounds with battery terminal protector. It's been great for keeping corrosion at bay.

Latest posts

Back