Stealing my vmax on 11/26/18

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putin

Reaction score
Some morons in Inglewood, LA (Centinella Hospital parking lot for employees) tried to steal my bike at night on parking lot. Bike was covered, but i left key there. (I think someone was spying, because my Vmax looks gorgeous). Use to park there as employee for years. They steal my halfgloves, tourmaster bag with instruments, sunglasses... so on. They try to steal the bike also!!!! When i tried to turn it on - battery was dead! There is a trick on my Vmax - when it is cold and foggy and i don't know why, bike will not start immeadeatly like modern injectors - I had to use little choke opening. Those assholes did not know how carburated engines works and where choke lever on vmax!!! so they drained the battery and left. Thanks god they did not vandalized the bike, although I feel raped. Old technology RULES! Maybe leaving a key was not a bad idea - they did not damage anything, just steal the key.

Glad that the bike wasnt stolen. Yep, someone probably knew that the bike was there.

I would suggest to have the locks changed! If you wanted to pay shipping I would do an exchange for you.

Thank you Sean! But changing lock - not an option. They can come and vandalize my bike. I will ask management to find better parking spot. And i will put Kryptonite lock on the wheel. And i have one more trick to prevent it to be stolen. They where probably ghetto youngsters, who have no idea what is Vmax and how it works! What they gonna do with stolen bike - also a mystery. There are very little running Maxes in and around LA. Sell parts on ebay? Some nice vmaxers can ask questions, i hope our community not that big and ignorant... Too long post - i am still angry...

Thank you all friends for support. Things are not getting better nowadays:(

Messing with someones bike is asking for IT. Nothing too bad can happen to a bike thief. I've got motion security lights, locked fence and it's in a locked trailer. Truck parked in front of the gate, locked of course. A bit Paranoid? Yes. But out on the road, we're kind of helpless unless maybe rotor locks, kill switch, eyes on the bike are best if possible? Cooled off, mine won't start without the choke either. It only eliminates the armature thief though. I'm glad they didn't get your bike.

1. Get a battery cutoff switch and hide it.

2. Put a motion detector alarm on the bike.

3. Get some old plug wires and shred the coil ends. Disconnect your one or two of your plug wires when you park it and tuck them up out of sight. Slip on the old plug wires and leave the frayed coil end out dangling in plain sight. Looks like someone beat them to the theft and gave up.

4. Get a GPS tracker and install it under the seat.

5. Get one of those joke car smoke/whistle that activate when you turn on the ignition. Connect it with a switch when you leave the bike.

6. Connect a switched hot wire to the ignition switch so when they touch the key, the key ring will complete the circuit and ground though their body. Make sure you open the switched hot wire before you try to start it.

1. Get a battery cutoff switch and hide it.

2. Put a motion detector alarm on the bike.

3. Get some old plug wires and shred the coil ends. Disconnect your one or two of your plug wires when you park it and tuck them up out of sight. Slip on the old plug wires and leave the frayed coil end out dangling in plain sight. Looks like someone beat them to the theft and gave up.

4. Get a GPS tracker and install it under the seat.

5. Get one of those joke car smoke/whistle that activate when you turn on the ignition. Connect it with a switch when you leave the bike.

6. Connect a switched hot wire to the ignition switch so when they touch the key, the key ring will complete the circuit and ground though their body. Make sure you open the switched hot wire before you try to start it.
I really dig the last two, haha. I would love to know someone got zapped while trying to steal a bike. Fucking hate theives.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back