Drag Racing Again - In Hungary!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll start driving about 6 hours to get to the racetrack for another drag race weekend. Weather forecast is not the best, but as I keep checking, it's getting better.
Finals on Monday.
My personal best is 11.65 in the 1/4 mile.

Final_zpsbrxyrzxs.jpg

Update from the track...

I ran the 1/4 mile about 7 times yesterday. During practice, the guy who beat me for first place last year on his ZX-9 lined up next to me. He won twice, but I won twice. Those were awesome races... uh... practice. :biglaugh:
The time slip machine was broken, so had no idea how I was doing. I came alone, so I didn't have anyone to watch the time come up on the board. But my machine was running very good, and the track was super sticky. I couldn't even do a burnout a couple times. It just pushed the front tire.
The LAST run, I got a time slip. NEW RECORD: 11.57 @ 186.16 Km/h. I was pretty stoked.

Then today. There were a couple crashes at the track put everything behind. All categories qualified today - and could only run ONCE.
Can you believe that ONE AND ONLY RUN today I beat my record from yesterday?

NEW PERSONAL BEST: 11.53 @ 189.82 Km/h.
I think that's pretty good considering I'm a relatively fat novice drag racer on a very heavy mostly stock bike.
I concentrated on shifting better. It felt good the last couple times - shifting with the lever from gear 1 to 2, then "bang shifting" the rest up. With practice it can really help. That last run, I could feel everything flowing very well.
Like the professionals on this forum have said before - Practice, practice, practice!

1.78 and 1.80 60-foot times.

FINALS TOMORROW. :eusa_dance:

You have a little room on the 60 ft times, but I personally have never had any 60 ft times better than yours. Your right, it's all seat time. Is it bracket racing or straight up?

Is it bracket racing or straight up?

Bracket.

I AGAIN beat my record: 11.52 @ 188 Km/h, and won 3rd place in my category. Somehow they let a GSX-R 1000 in my class and he ran a 10.99 against me. :confused2:

I just got home and it's very late. More pictures and details later.

Here's my final and BEST time slip. Too bad it's not a 1/8 mile track. :biglaugh:
I have some videos I'll upload later.

Time_Slip_11_52_zps9ly7nmcp.jpeg

That is an awesome picture! I bet you had a lot of fun! And, a safe time. Congratulations.

I work with a guy who grew up in Pensacola, he's in his early 60's. Now in south Florida. The Ft. Lauderdale Air Show is this weekend, not sure if the Blue Angels are gonna be there. I live close to the beach, so I often get the planes flying overhead as they get ready to buzz the location on Ft. Lauderdale beach which is the show's ground zero.

Here's my final and BEST time slip. Too bad it's not a 1/8 mile track. :biglaugh:
I have some videos I'll upload later.

Time_Slip_11_52_zps9ly7nmcp.jpeg

Congratulations LOKids, These are Very Good Times, like the 4 into 4 pipes..... :eusa_dance:

Looks like no scavenging on the exhaust pipes and maybe the standard Vmax front Headers??

Enjoy the Ride...... Ride Safe...... :scooter 1:

Latest posts

Back