What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same as me.. You're gonna love it.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
I got $100 off because the dealer I bought the 05 from sweetened the deal for me.
Do you use the pin lock anti for screen. And does it work pretty well?
Brad

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I got $100 off because the dealer I bought the 05 from sweetened the deal for me.
Do you use the pin lock anti for screen. And does it work pretty well?
Brad

I won't own a helmet without pinlock. The problem is that the flip down shade and my glasses will still fog if I'm not careful. The main shield stays clear no matter what, though. I've had it from 20-110 rain and shine.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Got new intake covers. Thanks Sean
db864bfaeeec42de1a56d47088d2799c.jpg
b12eacffdd64e26d2e956fa2fe7d165a.jpg

Just replaced my rear rotor. Not paying attention, I backed up my max while the back rotor lock was still on, noticed my rear brakes started pulsating on 1st run after my mistake... So, after replacing the rotor, decided to get surface rust off the rotor bolts and clear coat them. So I ended up cleaning and clear coating all of them (3 coats of clear on each). Hopefully they will look good for a while..
rusted bolts 1.jpg
rusted bolts 2.jpg

Had to leave it in the garage, rain now snow. April 29th.

WoW! It's freaking hot and humid here in Atlanta. Imagine that, lol.

My brother came down yesterday to go buy an old John Deere mower out in the country and he finally saw my completed max. He wanted to ride but I told him that I can't even ride it. Waiting on my slave cylinder repair kit to come in from ebay :(

So...she's just sitting in the garage being taunted by the Jeep and the Mustang.

Your paint looks good, especially for what you've spent, I bet. I like brighter colors, but it appears smooth and consistent.

For the life of me, I cannot understand whay anyone would paint their vehicle matte? I want my vehicles to shine! I saw a cable tv program where Oscar de la Hoya was taking delivery of what I think was a Lamborghini Gallardo, in a charcoal matte. Not my taste, matte colors. It reminds me of all the hot rodders who always had their cars in primer, because they couldn't afford to get them painted. They were putting the $ into the running gear, not the body. That's what I recall from the 1960's.

Your paint looks good, especially for what you've spent, I bet. I like brighter colors, but it appears smooth and consistent.

For the life of me, I cannot understand whay anyone would paint their vehicle matte? I want my vehicles to shine! I saw a cable tv program where Oscar de la Hoya was taking delivery of what I think was a Lamborghini Gallardo, in a charcoal matte. Not my taste, matte colors. It reminds me of all the hot rodders who always had their cars in primer, because they couldn't afford to get them painted. They were putting the $ into the running gear, not the body. That's what I recall from the 1960's.
The black is not matt and not gloss,it's in between.The color is grafito grey,it's painted in celulose and needs to be wet flatted with 1200 grit and polished.It will have to cure for two weeks first but it will shine.Am not happy with the color,i would like a darker grey,also thinking of changing the black to gloss.I can't do anything until it cures,or i might just see how it looks when i shine it up.Am in no rush,time i have got plenty of.

Definitely want to see this bike done. Im pondering colours and want to do something different to the norm. I like light blue as well.
I have had enough black and red vehicles.

Ran the Max again (not ready for street yet) and got the R1 all set. Took my son for a spin on the R1 in the driveway and "raced" him down the street while he pedaled like no tommorrow tearing up the sidewalk with his big wheel. He "won" too, lol.

Finally got mine all buttoned up for the most part. Was able to start it, sync the carbs and take it for a run. First ride after I did my latest mods.
Heavy duty one way starter
Barnett clutch kit
Shindegen r/r
Heavy duty battery with box mod
Moose plugs
New headlight bulb.
New grips
New hydraulic controls
Racing thermostat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got mine all buttoned up for the most part. Was able to start it, sync the carbs and take it for a run. First ride after I did my latest mods.
Heavy duty one way starter
Barnett clutch kit
Shindegen r/r
Heavy duty battery with box mod
Moose plugs
New headlight bulb.
New grips
New hydraulic controls
Racing thermostat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi jdeitz1979

What shindegen did you use?

Thinking of upgrading mine.

Also for you other vmaxxers I am new to this forum but already got help from Sean Morley and some other great guys, and I read through the whole what did you do to your Vmax today.

Lots of great info there but even better would be a page 9n the forum where we could share our upgrades and others could get inspired. Could call it "members upgrades" or something to that effect. Just a thought.

Last week I exchanged the pickup coil due to problems stalling when warm. Fixed my problem and charging voltage has even improved a little. Will share some photos later.

TheSwedishDude

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back