How do I remove my grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Q: I was wondering what is a good way to remove the stock grips without wrecking them?

A: Insert a screwdriver under the end of the grip and roll it around the circumference of the grip as your pulling it off, a little soapy water or WD-40 squirted in the end while your twisting the grip will help move things along.

Q: I need to remove the throttle grip and my question is, does the chrome plastic end cap unscrew or is it glued?

A: They are pressed on, just gently grab them and twist them off.

Last edited by a moderator:
old thread but just for information purposes i use an air compressor with the little blow gun nozzel. Stick it under the gripbetweer the bars and grip and blow some air. the grip will inflate abit and should come off pretty easy.
michael

old thread but just for information purposes i use an air compressor with the little blow gun nozzel. Stick it under the gripbetweer the bars and grip and blow some air. the grip will inflate abit and should come off pretty easy.
michael

Agreed, I've used this method with good success

I use a hypodermic needle syringe an inject wd 40 in various spots on the grip an it just slides off.

Latest posts

Back