Dual Headlight mount fab

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOM88

Reaction score
I am in the process of fixing some damage from an accident last spring. I decided to do a dual headlight setup. I found some cheap dominator style headlights on ebay and the quality is not half bad.

This is the link to the headlights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dominator-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ae34667fd&vxp=mtr

The mount was made from 1.5" X .125 aluminum stock at I got at lowes for a couple bucks. I welded the frame using my miller syncro 200. I figured this is good practice for welding aluminum before I start doing any structural stuff.

I thought this would be good to share incase anyone wanted to see a dual headlight setup. The speedo is a Trail-tech which was in-expensive and gets the job done.

Plan is to P/C the bracket satin or texture black, I might add some small windscreen to it not sure yet. I have a little bit of trim work to do and then Ill begin the finishing process. I will post pictures onces it's done.

Yessir, a clean job.

Do you like the 'perforated' look? A series of holes in the brackets varying in size, it would lighten-up the appearance and would look good in whatever color you chose.

I also wonder about how a "knife-edge" would look on the leading edge? Not really a sharp one, just tapered to a slim vertical profile.

I am considering adding some side pieces or I like the idea of the holes as well. I have some 16 gauge aluminum sheet on order so nice I get that going I will post more

Nice setup! Kinda got mr thinking about doing something similar at work, lol. Are you going to grind the welds smooth or leave them?

Wow wow wow, Let me no if you need a investor, go job if you can see pics when everything is together like to see it very much.

I may to have this on my bike.
Man we have some very mart people in this forum.

Thanks guys... I might leave the welds since they aren't bad looking. I have some more ideas cooking hopefully can work on it this week.

I decided to add a fairing to the assembly so I welded tabs on either side...

This is the mock up of one side using .032 aluminum sheet, the final will be done in .063 sheet and painted the same color as the bike

Can you say, "Katana?" I knew you could!

The "wedge" lives-on!
images
images

Perhaps you like the automotive version?
images

Or a 'Shooting Brake?' (of the same car)
images

That sir looks so incredibly evil!!! I love it!!! Should make something to make blood drip from the leading points at will when parked, lol.

Evil was the look I was going for lol... Also with this set up I could make a couple different versions that can easily be bolted on if I want to change the look

Look up the video game Gungrave, the title character Grave carries a badass coffin that could lend some inspiration... Also, the Devil May Cry series. The title character Dante carries some sweet weaponry that could also be good inspiration...

Latest posts

Back