Pero Motorsports Vmax Kickstand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered and received my Pero Motorsports Vmax adjustable kickstand.

1) Super FAST shipping! Thanks.

2) Instructions that were included seemed to be very thorough. BUT, they were for the wrong bike! I have a 2001 Vmax. Got the correct stand. But as I was reading the instructions, I realized that everything that was being said, didn't apply to my bike. It was not a really big issue, being that on the 2001 model, the kickstand is very easy to remove and then replace even if you don't have instructions guiding you through. But for some people, there may be been some confusion as to what bolts the incorrect instructions were talking about.

3) One mod needs to be done that was not mentioned. Or maybe it is, but not when you have the incorrect instructions.
The spring that holds the kickstand up, will now be too long with the new stand (regardless of how long or short you have it adjusted). So I needed to drill another hole in the tab that holds the spring to the frame. This will bring the spring toward the frame rail a bit more and then let the spring 'stretch' more so that the stand doesn't hang loose while riding.

I'm very happy with the stand. My bike is lowered a 1/2" in the rear and 1/2" in the front. This stand now lets the bike lean over more securely and now I know a good wind will not blow it over.
Stand looks VERY precisely machined and has high quality black anodizing on it (I ordered the black stand).

* Note; Be very careful when attaching the kickstand toe rod. It has flats machined into the rod so that you can tighten it with an 8mm open end wrench. But as I was tightening (and I wasn't going crazy on the tightening either as I was only using a small, open end wrench, it started to pull the threads off the shaft. So the metal is kind of delicate. Not a huge deal, as I turned the shaft around and put the toe rod 'head' on the end that has the slightly compromised threads. Loc-tite everything down and it was good to go.

Vinnie

I installed the VooDoo kickstand on my lowered (2") 2013 V-Max and I'm very disappointed. Can't kick it out with my foot, and it scrapes when I carve apexes! I need an alterative! Any suggestions?

Pictures from each of your kickstands installed may go a long way helping out each other and possibly future purchasers. Post 'em fellas!:clapping:

Latest posts

Back