Full Face helmets Buying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you wear glasses, those kabuto helmets are great. I tried one on at a show and the slots for the temples were awesome. Very light helmet with an internal tinted visor.

I bought a shoei gt-air, which I really like. I'm a shoei guy, though. They fit my head just right. As badly as I want a roof boxer or some of the shark helmets, they just don't fit me right.

Cycle Gear has sells almost every week it seems. For under $200 they have one that has bluetooth also. If you are military they give you a discount for that also. The brand is Bilt, and right now it's $240..

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Techno-Bluetooth-Full-Face-Motorcycle-Helmet.

Not bad helmets. I have a older Nolan that my wife got on close-out from Dennis Kirk for $80.. I am looking into a bluetooth modular before xmas they had them for under $200 also..

i seen and really like the bluetooth helmets but very heavy and some of the other helmets like hjc cl-17 and i think a bell not sure of model did a poor job a keep the wind from going under the neck area so if a helmet is not sealing around your neck the resistance could cause neck issues.

I just picked this HJC IS-MAX 2 at the end of the riding season, so I have not gotten a chance to use it yet, but it fits well.. Modular, Internal Shield (IS), DOT approved. Not crazy expensive, removable / washable sweat reducing inserts.
HJC IS-MAX.jpg

I just picked this HJC IS-MAX 2 at the end of the riding season, so I have not gotten a chance to use it yet, but it fits well.. Modular, Internal Shield (IS), DOT approved. Not crazy expensive, removable / washable sweat reducing inserts.
View attachment 47782

I have used this helmet for about 2 years. I find it to be white comfortable and love being able to flip up the face and make it a 3/4 helmet for a quick conversation, hot, etc. My only complaint is that it is not a quiet helmet, the wind noise may bother you. I have a Scala Rider G9X on mine so I get music instead of wind noise.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I have a Shark Evoline II as well. It is VERY HEAVY.

The combination of weight, having no windscreen and often running at 90+ mph on the highway for extended periods, can put me in pain for for several days after a long ride. I've done a bunch of research on helmet weights (not easy to find up to date information) and most of the lightest helmet are Carbon Fiber not surprisingly. Nexx makes some very light models. http://www.nexx-usa.com/

Unfortunately most of the real light helmets do not have SNELL qulification. I need the SNELL rating for racing so I decided to go with one of the lightest SNELL helmets I could find. It's an HJC, one of their most expensive models that is currently being closed out. I get it tomorrow......I'l post up what I think of it. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/helmets/hjc/rpha_10_evoke_helmet.html

OK got my new helmet, I'm very happy with the fit and finish, it appears to be very well made. Very comfortable and it has room for glasses if you wear them. Also came with an assortment of pin lock visor shades.

It is exactly 1 pound less than the Shark. Close to a 25% weight savings which is huge if you have any problems with your neck and/or ride without any wind protection.

WP_20150225_011.jpg

WP_20150225_003.jpg

The Shark will be for sale very cheap if anyone is interested......it is slightly beat up.

So i have been reading reviews on all these Kabuto lids and what i found on the Kamui is that the visor has no lock so at speed as low a 40mph it snaps shut. So i looked at Scorpion 1100 or 1200 exo still researching LOL

Just today bought a Shoei Neotec from my local cycle gear. Snug, very comfortable, and if after 7 days of riding I dislike it they will trade. He will even seni Bluetooth.

I like the shoei gt air but im between sizes im at the max end of a medium so im not sure how there helmets fit on the small or large scale. Also i never had a helmet with the quick release strap i also had the standard D ring anyone have input on the quick release setup

I like the shoei gt air but im between sizes im at the max end of a medium so im not sure how there helmets fit on the small or large scale. Also i never had a helmet with the quick release strap i also had the standard D ring anyone have input on the quick release setup

I like the quick release setup. This particular one was bought separately at a bike shop years ago, and now is on it's third helmet. Nothing has to be removed from the D-ring strap arrangement to install it.
The clasping/releasing is all done by feel, of course, so it's a tad awkward the first few times trying. But eventually becomes second nature, and very quick. Which is why they call it quick release, I reckon.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Quick release buckle 001.jpg
    Quick release buckle 001.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Quick release buckle 002.jpg
    Quick release buckle 002.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Quick release buckle 003.jpg
    Quick release buckle 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 25
I have a quick release on my Vemar helmet which was a little weird getting used to but I soon had the knack of one handed fastening and release. The fitting of the strap to proper tension is obviously more difficult that the tried and true d-ring setups but once done properly I haven't needed to make any changes to the setup.

So i almost pulled the trigger on the shoei gt air and i am glad i did not i found this site that test helmets i learned that just because it is a good name dont mean its a good lid the site is sharp.direct.gov.uk/testhelmetlist check out your helmet it may surprise you

So i almost pulled the trigger on the shoei gt air and i am glad i did not i found this site that test helmets i learned that just because it is a good name dont mean its a good lid the site is sharp.direct.gov.uk/testhelmetlist check out your helmet it may surprise you

Great find, looks like my helmet gets 3 stars based on their tests it seems like I will continue to use it. Definitely going to bookmark this for whenever I get in the market for a helmet again. They seem to stay abreast with all the current models.

I've tried about most styles and a lot of brands, Modular's are to loud for me (cant hear my music). I currently wear a shoei 1100, by far the best I have ever had on..fit, finish, weight, sound.... out performs hands down and gets five stars on the site posted above.

Attachments

• IMG_20130314_123453_0.jpg
    IMG_20130314_123453_0.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 19
Mine is "very good" for frontal and rear impacts but rates poor for side impacts, for a overall rating of 2 stars. Time to do a search for a new helmet!!!!
Thanks for the link Jim!

Redbone i really think im going to get a Shark s900 or speed R but i cant find a dealer close so im not sure on size. The size chart puts me a the end of a Med but if the helmets dont fit true then its going to be to snug

Latest posts

Back