Seat Mod questions and thoughts.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capymotiv

Reaction score
I am a big guy. I keep seeing the mod to make the seats more comfy. Also seems like it would change (raise) peg position slightly. I would love to move the pegs down and back at least an inch or more to make it more comfortable with stock seat now. Does the seat mod make that huge a difference in comfort on the rear end?

Yes...

Ask Sean Morley /one2dmax for options.
I got a mid cut Seat and it feels very good

How big, some guys are just TOO big to be comfortable on a Vmax ....

I am almost 6' about 270. The way it sits now (stock), my knees are above the tank. I can't decide on peg locators or forward controls yet.

I am almost 6' about 270. The way it sits now (stock), my knees are above the tank. I can't decide on peg locators or forward controls yet.

On the last ride last month I used the crash bars on long stretches. I really liked my feet up there vs the mid mounts.
If the seat height was higher like my KTM, it would be fine but that's not happening on the VMAX.

Yeah, I am 6' and knees were so high it caused problems with my hips on a test ride prior to purchase. Before I bought the bike I researched that I could get forward controls otherwise it would have been no Vmax for me.

Removed the bars and added forward controls and all good. Yeah, they were expensive but it was that or no Vmax, so now all good... :eusa_dance:

I am 6'1 and 270.I have the Corbin with the Yamaha factory crash bar and highway pegs mounted to them.The Corbin sits higher than most which helps a tall rider.It is substantially wider than stock and is positioned good for highway pegs.I can ride 250-300 miles on a Sunday afternoon with no problems.The Corbin is firm but I like it.

I'm also a big guy, and have been riding on a Corbin for over 25 years. So far, so good. I wore the original seat cover out, and deleted the gas cap flap when the seat was redone.

Is there a noticeable lack of grip from the forward controls when jumping on the v-boost system into traffic? I seem to hit the 6k mark a lot when getting into traffic, from 1st&2nd and it makes it lunge pretty good. Kinda newish to the max and 1st gen venture has been my daily for years now.

Is there a noticeable lack of grip from the forward controls when jumping on the v-boost system into traffic? I seem to hit the 6k mark a lot when getting into traffic, from 1st&2nd and it makes it lunge pretty good. Kinda newish to the max and 1st gen venture has been my daily for years now.

I have an on/off switch for my V-boost. Not for that reason, but it might work for you possibly. Of course you could back off the throttle in traffic a bit.

Latest posts

Back