In memory of - Jerry Lewis

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
May the original Nutty Professor rest in peace. nutty professor.jpg

Damn......this is the first I've heard of this. He brought joy to millions of people.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

His movie, The Day the Clown Cried, won't be seen until 2025 supposedly. A very different take on the Holocaust. Lewis kept control of it as much as he could. He didn't want it released, though he was the screenwriter, actor and director. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068451/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

An article by a New Yorker writer about the movie, be forewarned, this is a sad description of the movie's drama: http://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/a-glimpse-of-the-day-the-clown-cried For a guy who made his living on comedy, this movie was so out of character, and the subject so potentially disturbing, that it had the potential to be one of the best movies of his career, if not the best. But, that doesn't mean that it was rainbows, lollipops, and cotton candy. It was a dark movie in the manner of the Night Porter, Sophie's Choice, or The Pawnbroker, all of which dealt with the Holocaust.

MV5BZTIxYzA2NjEtNGUyNi00ZWVkLTkwMjEtMTRjYTYyNDYwMzdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzUwMTgwMw@@._V1_.jpg

I always enjoyed his movies growing up. He was one of the guys that you had to see the releases as they came.

Last edited:
I still remember that workout scene in the Nutty Professor. I also remember almost loosing my lunch from laughing so hard.
nutty professor - gym workout.jpg

I got to see him and meet him briefly back in the late 90's... our high school Thespians Club went to see the musical Damn Yankees in which Jerry Lewis played the part of the Devil. Was an absolute riot! We got to meet the cast backstage after the show. Dont know how our teacher swung it, but we were all glad he did!

Latest posts

Back