Tull.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Last week a bunch of us went to see Ian Anderson doing the music of Jethro Tull.
He was great. Got a bit older looking, but still had the voice, and could play flute like the old days. He even got up on one leg during "Locomotive Breath".

A friend of mine actually knew Ian, and I gave him the CD liner for "Thick As A Brick", still my favorite album of all time.

This is what I got back this afternoon. Thanks Dave, and Thanks to Ian Anderson.

Attachments

• 100_1352.jpg
    100_1352.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 34
You've got great taste in music. I'm partial to 'Sounds from the Wood'

Doug

Saw them here in eugene about 5-6 years ago. Great show. Locomotive breath really gets the blood pumpin for me

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Last week a bunch of us went to see Ian Anderson doing the music of Jethro Tull.
He was great. Got a bit older looking, but still had the voice, and could play flute like the old days. He even got up on one leg during "Locomotive Breath".

A friend of mine actually knew Ian, and I gave him the CD liner for "Thick As A Brick", still my favorite album of all time.

This is what I got back this afternoon. Thanks Dave, and Thanks to Ian Anderson.

Nice one Bill.

This Was and Stand Up favorite albums of mine. Too-bad Mick Abrahams decided to split after the first one, he started Blodwyn Pig. I have that album.

I saw Jethro Tull at Goose Lake Music Festival, the summer of 1970, probably the biggest festival you never heard-of. What a line-up!

Joe Cocker, Rod Stewart & the Faces, the James Gang, Jethro Tull, Mountain, Chicago, Ten Years After and the Flying Burrito Brothers. Most of the major acts on the Michigan scene were on hand as well, among them the MC5, the Stooges, Mitch Ryder & Detroit, Savage Grace, the Up, the Third Power, SRC and Brownsville Station.

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/goose-lake-memories/Content?oid=2192525

It's a gas to see the old boys playing hard. We're dropping dead, see 'em while you can. "Farm on the Freeway" I like quite a bit, a melancholy tale of a failed farmer, left only with his pickup truck.

This Was and Stand Up favorite albums of mine. Too-bad Mick Abrahams decided to split after the first one, he started Blodwyn Pig. I have that album.

I saw Jethro Tull at Goose Lake Music Festival, the summer of 1970, probably the biggest festival you never heard-of. What a line-up!

Joe Cocker, Rod Stewart & the Faces, the James Gang, Jethro Tull, Mountain, Chicago, Ten Years After and the Flying Burrito Brothers. Most of the major acts on the Michigan scene were on hand as well, among them the MC5, the Stooges, Mitch Ryder & Detroit, Savage Grace, the Up, the Third Power, SRC and Brownsville Station.

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/goose-lake-memories/Content?oid=2192525

It's a gas to see the old boys playing hard. We're dropping dead, see 'em while you can. "Farm on the Freeway" I like quite a bit, a melancholy tale of a failed farmer, left only with his pickup truck.

Wow, some serious line-up!!

More about Goose Lake MI 1970

August 7~9/Friday~Sunday:
"Goose Lake Pop Festival",
Goose Lake Park, Jackson

~ Friday Afternoon: John Drake's Shakedown, Mighty Quick, SRC, The New York Rock & Roll Ensemble ~

~ Friday Night: John Sebastian, Chicago, Rod Stewart & The Small Faces, Ten Years After ~

~ Saturday: The New World Symphony, Brownsville Station, The Litter, Teegarden & Van Winkle, The Flying Burrito Brothers, The Stooges, The Third Power, Mountain ~

~ Sunday: Suite Charity, Alice Cooper, Detroit (with Mitch Ryder), The Bob Seger System, The Frost, The Flock, Savage Grace, The James Gang, Jethro Tull ~

~ Unknown Date & Slot: The Norman James Blues Band, The Wizard ~

THE MOTHER OF ALL MICHIGAN ROCK FESTIVALS

Look here for awesome posters of all sorts of rock festivals:

http://www.motorcitymusicarchives.com/festivals.html

I have a collection of original posters going back to the 1960's, great fun to view.

Latest posts

Back