3-5 Motorcycle Trip Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorodin

Reaction score
Ok, here is the idea....

I am planning a year ahead here. I am wanting to transport 3-5 motorcycles with motorcycle camping gear/kits to a 8-10 hour destination. (Yes I know most would ride there, but we have some old pharts in the group.) Then we would unload and do the riding/camping around the area. Kinda need a vehicle that can fit 3-5 ppl comfortably for the long part of the trip.

I don't have a truck or trailer and I don't want to assume that they would let us use it in the group. (they might not be going). So I would like to rent something. I am thinking a box truck with an extended cab. But I am having a hard time findings something like that. Anyone have any thoughts?

A Sprinter Van is very versatile and roomy.

They have 7 seaters with a large cargo hold. They're setup to tow and are very comfortable.

Ok, here is the idea....

I am planning a year ahead here. I am wanting to transport 3-5 motorcycles with motorcycle camping gear/kits to a 8-10 hour destination. (Yes I know most would ride there, but we have some old pharts in the group.) Then we would unload and do the riding/camping around the area. Kinda need a vehicle that can fit 3-5 ppl comfortably for the long part of the trip.

I don't have a truck or trailer and I don't want to assume that they would let us use it in the group. (they might not be going). So I would like to rent something. I am thinking a box truck with an extended cab. But I am having a hard time findings something like that. Anyone have any thoughts?
I think you should figure out the exact number because accommodating 3 is way way easier than 5.
Transport 3 people, gear and bikes you can do with a four door full size truck and the big uhaul enclosed trailer.
Transport 4-5, comfortably, need bigger rig, van or subburban and a bigger trailer. I don't know off hand how many bikes could fit in the big uhaul trailer. With a dolley you might be able to get bikes sideways in trailor and pack them in there. Strapping them down could be tricky that way.
Extended box van would probably be good for cargo as long as the passegers were good with three in the back if you had five people.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

A lot of time rental trucks (like a pickup) or vans deliberately do not have trailer hitches, and rental places usually get upset if you mention you're planning to tow with it. UHaul is the exception, their box trucks usually have hitches to tow car dollies or another trailer, not sure if their pickups or vans do.

Your best bet might be to get a box truck for the bikes, 2 ppl ride in that, then someone just takes a personal car/van to carry the others.

Latest posts

Back