Are 1985 Vmax's really the most powerful?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 85 max lightly modified & an 86 v-65 ( oil issues dealt with by then ) magna full stock except mac slip on's, both in fairly close to showroom condition!! original paint still glossy on both...up to 150 mph the max will take the magna... but i'm tell'in ya brother,, they both are so sweeeeet and haul the damn mail!!!
My lil bro just bought an 85 madura...run down a bit cosmeticaly but low k's and lots of potential..between the two of us the only one we are missing out of the big four muscle bikes of the 80's is the eliminator. I think I'll go look for one now on flea-bay...

Shorthair88...........

Wait one minute...anyone that knows anything about VMAXs knows they fitted the "millennium edition" (2000 VMAX) with a flux capacitor making it the fastest VMAX. Gents, stick that in your tail pipe and smoke it.:eusa_dance:

My 2004 title say's gray but it look's like flat black, "I think your onto something here" And the silver stripes have to add a little power right? :punk:

Doesn't each piece of chrome add 5 HP....that would make chrome the fastest color.....shit is chrome a color?:ummm:

chrome won't get you home. But the prize money will.

I don't know why you guys still discuss this.
lets run this down.
when someone comes up to you and askes "what year is your vmax?" they don't care unless you say 85.

I think you must be in with the Harley crowd.:biglaugh:

Don't go there!! Now I'm not hating on anyone because their not chromed, lol but I never thought this thread would get soo hilarious!! Theres so many points of view that Yamaha themselves wouldn't come up with so many different views. There must be a serious personality flaw in all Vmax owners that almost everyone of them have a similar sense of humor and all have the same need to be best. I guess that's what draws us all to this freakin love hate relationships with our bikes. I know how much I can go either way depending on how the bike feels like acting on any given day. Let's face it, if we all didn't want the issues especially after modding the shit out of them we would ride a way more dependable bike. But that would be way too boring. And there's no comparison between a Vmax rider and a Harley rider, our first desire is performance theirs is cosmetic. Our biggest advantage is we can make ours even better looking than theirs and we have them in both departments beat. Their only hope is to be nice looking cause they know they don't have a prayer to out perform us. But I guarantee you put my bike beside any harley and even just start them both mine still wins. Anyone who's heard my bike says it. I mean harley may sound cool but nothing like "a Ferrari on steroids" as I've been told. Ed

I am just having fun ! Chrome no chrome who really cares like yo said to each there own & believe it or not I have actually rode some Modded Vrods that would hand t to us in a heartbeat & my brother rides an FXR that you better be on your game if you are gonna beat it.

ya, mine sounds ok also. but i only have a kerker 4 into 1 with the comp baffle.(stage 7 ofcourse)

ya, mine sounds ok also. but i only have a kerker 4 into 1 with the comp baffle.(stage 7 ofcourse)

Yep, that's exactly what I have except I'm running Vgas flatsides with velocity stacks which I've been told sound like horses galloping. But yea don't these bikes sound badass with the Kerker 4 to 1 with the competition baffle. So you know what I'm talking about. Way meaner than any hardly oops I mean Harley. Lol

I am just having fun ! Chrome no chrome who really cares like yo said to each there own & believe it or not I have actually rode some Modded Vrods that would hand t to us in a heartbeat & my brother rides an FXR that you better be on your game if you are gonna beat it.

Honestly dude, your right there are a few and I mean I few harleys that will run with the Max but I'm talking about the whole Harley mentality that their too cool to even wave to us on the road. And call ours Jap scrap. I personally have had harleys before, latest was a 87 anniversary low rider custom limited edition. But I just like performance too much to settle for a bike with half the motor of ours. And alot of ours prove we can make them just as if not more cosmetically appealing. After performance of course.

Let's talk sound a second. I sent my Holeshot's off to be ceramic coated and still wanted to ride of course. So while they were off I ordered a set of Hedman Hot Tips 2" exhaust tips (17120) with a small resinator inside. (About $15 each) They are made to weld on cars but I modded them so they could be clamped on. HOLY SHIT! Yes it did hurt the performance a little but the sound is unmatched. Plan to slip these back on for rallies. Sounds like a open header stock car......although my neighbors hated me for 2 weeks.

Enjoy,
Darren

My album is a pic of them on my bike.

I like a good sounding bike. My last one scared children and made old ladies cry. It was a nasty beast, pulling up to a sidewalk it would spit dirt and throw rocks at you. A great attitude :punk:

Now I have a Kerk 4-2-1 with an 11" carbon can with a 2" comp baffle. It has a wonderful note going down the highway and a sweet back beat at idle. :clapping:

Attachments

• kj3.jpg
    kj3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 35
  • kj2.jpg
    kj2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010359.jpg
    P1010359.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back