hd oil pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwkerr007

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a search problem maybe someone can help. I've been searching for a new and better oil pump I know they have to be out there. Can anyone supply a go to site? thanks

Hello everyone I have a search problem maybe someone can help. I've been searching for a new and better oil pump I know they have to be out there. Can anyone supply a go to site? thanks

LCR Perfomance in Rochester NY

He makes the for the vmax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just stopped-in to visit Larry. His shop is VMax Central. The place is packed. Take a look.

Attachments

• LCR Rochester.01.jpg
    LCR Rochester.01.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 46
  • LCR Rochester.02.jpg
    LCR Rochester.02.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 44
I just stopped-in to visit Larry. His shop is VMax Central. The place is packed. Take a look.

Larry’s the MAN!! I’ve been to that shop about 9 times this year alone. Been there thruough the whole process of me rebuilding my bike. Treats me good, and he knows his stuff. He’s an hour plus away from me, and worth the drive every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks i was going to have to send mine off to have it done

It's very straightforward, installing Sean's kit. Swap out the drive gear for more volume, and some minor pump disassembly to install the washer in the relief spring to boost the pressure a bit. It's nice to see a few lbs of pressure on the gauge, at idle when hot. Yamaha didn't put an oil pressure gauge on Gen 1's for a reason. The gauges reading 0 would be a customer service nightmare. There is volume flowing at idle, hot. Just not a lot of psi. Socking down the oil pump plumbing at the same time is prudent. Stainless safety wire is a good way to go. An upgrade on the notorious orange o-ring is also a good idea when your in there. Morley's Muscle has all the parts required.

Latest posts

Back