Clutch slave cylinder replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Ron Ayres picture better: 2006 Yamaha V-MAX 1200 (VMX12V) Clutch | Ron Ayers

The pic you have doesn't show the spring, for instance. Yes, I would also order the oil seal #23

Oil Seal

93109-08061-00

Your Price: $5.62

I like Ron Ayres Yamaha, they have never disappointed me and I've used them for decades. I bought my first new Yamaha motorcycle 50 years ago, an RT-2 360 cc Enduro, I still have it.

The Ron Ayres #27 is the slave cyl assembly.

Push Lever Comp

1FK-16381-11-00

Retail Price: $136.99

Your Price: $107.06

If you can order the complete assembly, I would buy that. For things like brake and clutch master cyl assemblies, I buy the whole thing instead of a rebuild kit. I save my used parts after cleaning them.

There are many guys on here who are professional mechanics and machinists, electrical engineers, and other vocations. Collectively we can probably get members through almost anything.

If you find that you were able to fix your issues and avoided an expensive trip to a dealership or an independent shop, please consider making a contribution to the forum so the administrators will continue to host its operation. It doesn't have to be a large amount, but we all benefit from the website's operation.

Thank-you for supporting the website, I expect that your business with Ron Ayres Yamaha should go smoothly based upon my ordering from them.

" please consider making a contribution to the forum so the administrators will continue to host its operation"

Please give a link as I would like to contribute.

THank you

Click on the lightning bolt at the top of the right hand corner of page. It will say become a supporting member or beside it it says donate

Thank-you to those who choose to contribute, we need to support the resource so it's there for all of us.
This thread is what made me contribute, I've now found a localish new slave cylinder and know how to fit it when time allows. 👍🏻

Sods bloody law strikes again. Riding over to the Mrs House earlier and I've lost my clutch 🤣🤣 new slave cylinder on the way £132.11 from Fowlers Yamaha

It's relatively easy to do, make sure that you use a properly-fitting tip to remove the slave cyl screws.

It's relatively easy to do, make sure that you use a properly-fitting tip to remove the slave cyl screws.
Ta, it's been a while since I twirled spanners professionally but the combination of haynes, clymer and your pictorial guide should make it simple enough. Cheers 👊🏻

I've going to have plenty of good used bolts for the early filter covers. OR, the easy fix if it's the striped head is to weld on a socket that way you can just carry a ratchet to the bike when you do oil changes in the future.

Finally got around to changing the slave cylinder today. All done upside down by leaning over the seat cos my bloody sidecar is in the way 🤣. Job done in under a couple of hours including a coffee break. Now to rebuild the old cylinder ready for when I get the leak on my other Vmax

Latest posts

Back