Fork Cap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob12312357

Reaction score
Hello all, just started tinkering with my buddies V-max and noticed theres valve stems on the top of the fork, how much air is uppose to be in there cause the suspension has no dampening.:eusa_dance:lolz Also the shiny metalic looking yet plastic valve stem cover cap that is on the very top of the forks is broken. I tried lookin on Ron ayers and couldn't find it on the microfiche, anyone know the part# or where I can obtain it from? Thanks in Advance, and theres no sound like that of a V-max with a Kerker pipe.:punk:

Fische LocationItem #DescriptionQTYPriceFront Fork17SKU: 3LR-23168-00-001$6.81 .CAP, FRONT FORK

My '06 was missing one when I purchased it recently. Can't remember where I bought it from though.

Max air pressure allowed in front forks (according my owners manual) is 14 psi. Says 5 psi is the minimum/standard setting. Says to makes sure settings in both legs are the same to avoid poor handling. Says too much air will blow out an oil seal.

don't use any air. Change the springs if you can afford it. Then use either 15w or 20w fork oil.

Sean

Latest posts

Back